General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Question for Del Sol owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:41 PM
HCF Member
Default Question for Del Sol owners

I was thinking about buying a used del sol and I was wondering if the trunk-passenger-cabin partition folds down. I want a car that I can drive to go snowboarding, so I'd only consider the del sol if I could fit the snowboard in the car (and I doubt my snowboard would fit in the trunk alone)

Old 11-19-2008, 08:49 PM

No, it doesn't. The cabin and trunk are not connected at all, contrary to how the rear seats of Civics fold down. This is because there are no back seats to fold down, and because there's a roll-down rear window in the way.

However, it may fit in the trunk (without the snowboard case) diagonally, the Del Sol trunk is enormous. Also, you could set your snowboard in the passenger seat area by scooting the passenger seat up far, leaning the seat back, and then putting the snowboard there. If it's too long to do that, roll down the back window and stick the end out the back window. You can roll the back window up or down to whatever amount it needs to be open.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Trust, I haven't yet found a Del Sol service manual. Electrical diagrams may be available for certain models.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:21 PM

What I need specifically is a wiring diagram of the Del Sol power lock system. Only the newer Del Sols had the wiring so the manual will have to be for like a 95+ Del Sol.

I am adding OEM power locks from a 95+ Del Sol to my 93, and I am swapping the door wiring harness, the actuators, and the control box. Basically, what I need to know is what each power lock related wire is, according to what color they are. For example, I need to know which color wire goes to the fuse box harness, and I need to know which one is ground.

I also need to know which pin on the fuse box wire harness goes to power locks (This should be the same as 92-95 Civics).

Old 11-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
What I need specifically is a wiring diagram of the Del Sol power lock system. Only the newer Del Sols had the wiring so the manual will have to be for like a 95+ Del Sol.

I am adding OEM power locks from a 95+ Del Sol to my 93, and I am swapping the door wiring harness, the actuators, and the control box. Basically, what I need to know is what each power lock related wire is, according to what color they are. For example, I need to know which color wire goes to the fuse box harness, and I need to know which one is ground.

I also need to know which pin on the fuse box wire harness goes to power locks (This should be the same as 92-95 Civics).
The site below has wiring diagrams for 93 and 97 Del Sols:

https://www.spoonhonda.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=119

Old 11-19-2008, 09:28 PM

thanks RonJ

Old 11-23-2008, 01:12 AM
HCF Member

Thanks for the answer. I could probably do it the passenger seat way, at least--my snowboard is 151 cm

Old 11-23-2008, 11:23 AM

I just went outside and measured for you, and it will fit in the passenger seat area using the method I mentioned, without having to roll the window down. You should have about 10cm of room left before it hits the back window.

I also checked the trunk but it's a little too long to fit in the trunk diagonally. Though, if you put it in the trunk diagonally and at and angle so that one end of the snowboard is propped up towards the top of the trunk and the other end is resting on the floor, it may fit.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 11-23-2008 at 11:25 AM.