General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Really quick question about y8 and z6

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Default Really quick question about y8 and z6

as some of u might know my friend car head just got messed up. the Cam screw was loose and car jump timing. the spark plug hole is sucking instead of spiting my fingers back out so i concluded that some valves may have gotten bent and isnt getting a chance to close or vice versa. so since i still have my Z6 head ( never got to install it due to me going away for spring break i was just goin to give it to him since he has an y8 and this is a Z6 is the valves in the2 the sames? i know my car which is the HX has the same head code as the y8. so i just wanted to know if the z6 valves were the same so we could just switch those redue the timing ans we should be good.a legal B series cost way too much right now. so this route would be cost benificial.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Really quick question about y8 and z6

I'm not sure if they are the same, I know if you swap the entire head it will lower the compression ratios because there are big differences in head design. Call a honda dealer and ask them if the part numbers are the same. You might want to inspect the pistons while you have the head off because they might have been been damaged also.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Default RE: Really quick question about y8 and z6

yeah the z6 head that i had bought came with half the block so the pistons are there dont know what condition there in tho but today we will be pulling the car apart to find out since i have to change my head gasket seal ( it making a noise dontknow why) so i guess this whole weekend is goin to be pulling and cleaningboth of our cars.my car needs a new O2 sensor so i bought one and got some Lucas full system clean so hopefull my gas will improve. and hopefully valves are the same or i gess hes goin to have to convert to obd1 and drop the head on there and call it a day.