General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Recall on 06 civics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Recall on 06 civics?

ORIGINAL: yzfmik
So quality management isn't fixing known problems? I say thats BS. The '06 is an awsome car, and I have no regrets buying the 1st one. Anytime there is a major change, fans of the old cars have negative things to say. I would not have even considered a Civic if it weren't for the '06's. I keep getting the same comments from people..."That's a Civic!?, WOW"
They are fixing them, they didn't catch it til they were out the door though. He works in Alabama too... which is where the Piloe and Odyssey are made, not the civic. They have an Si there for testing right now though.

I love the 06s man... I don't think anyone was saying anything negative about them.

Looks like the recall isn't what he was talking about though:

me: oh, did you read that thing about the recal on the 06's?
him: yeah
him: sucks haha
me: is that what you were talking about?
him: nah
me: oh, damn
me: haha
him: the other thing won't be a recall
him: it's just somethin they gotta fix

Old 11-15-2005, 10:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

I love the 06s man... I don't think anyone was saying anything negative about them.
Actually a guy in my auto class doesn't like the civic. As in he hates every civic. Say the word civic, you can almost see his blood pressure rise. Its funny cause im like wat about the 9 sec civic. He is like ricer. I'm like it runs 9 seconds. Hes like its a civic.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

So quality management isn't fixing known problems? I say thats BS. The '06 is an awsome car, and I have no regrets buying the 1st one. Anytime there is a major change, fans of the old cars have negative things to say. I would not have even considered a Civic if it weren't for the '06's. I keep getting the same comments from people..."That's a Civic!?, WOW"
They are fixing them, they didn't catch it til they were out the door though. He works in Alabama too... which is where the Piloe and Odyssey are made, not the civic. They have an Si there for testing right now though.

Looks like the recall isn't what he was talking about though:

me: oh, did you read that thing about the recal on the 06's?
him: yeah
him: sucks haha
me: is that what you were talking about?
him: nah
me: oh, damn
me: haha
him: the other thing won't be a recall
him: it's just somethin they gotta fix
So what is it some super secret problem? No way. If Honda knows of a problem, I'm sure there will be a recall, and they would correct it. I just don't see Honda sweeping a know problem under the carpet. Perhaps the problem is so secret it will never surface, hell the car probably doesn't know what it is, haha.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:24 PM
HCF Member

Nah, Honda has no problem admitting to their mistakes (recalls) unlike certain other companies...*COUGHchevyCOUGH*.....

but anyways... I was just wondering. You guys gotta realize that anytime they make alot of changes to a car (inside and out) then there WILL be problems... it's just natural. At least ur car doesn't explode when hit in the *** like the ford mavericks lol!

Old 11-16-2005, 09:39 PM
HCF Member

I'll gladly accept a couple of recalls in exchange for how great this car is.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

It's stupid ******** like that that make tuning and modifying cars hard and not fun... **** him, hes and idiot.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:20 PM
HCF Member

Dude, I'm not saying that the 06 isn't a great car. I'll be the first to say it's awesome (I actually was the first Read me!) I'm just saying, if a personal friend that works in the quality assurance department of Honda says they're something wrong with them but he can't say what, I'm believing him. You may never notice it, it may be a recall in a month, who knows. I'm just telling you guys what he told me, no need for hostilies. Just enjoy your car.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:54 AM
HCF Member

"I'm just saying, if a personal friend that works in the quality assurance department of Honda says they're something wrong with them but he can't say what, I'm believing him."

The fact that he's not sayin what is the key reason I don't believe it. Why wouldn't he say? No one would know where this top secret leak came from. Perhaps it is true, but I really don't believe it.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:53 AM
mxs
HCF Member

"I'm just saying, if a personal friend that works in the quality assurance department of Honda says they're something wrong with them but he can't say what, I'm believing him."

The fact that he's not sayin what is the key reason I don't believe it. Why wouldn't he say? No one would know where this top secret leak came from. Perhaps it is true, but I really don't believe it.
Because he probably signed a non-disclosure agreement and doesn't want to get fired?

Old 11-18-2005, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

Because he probably signed a non-disclosure agreement and doesn't want to get fired?
Uh Oh, he disclosed that there's something wrong with them! O-well hope he finds another job. Whatever, I'll just go back to GM if my little ****box falls apart.

Quick Reply: Recall on 06 civics?