General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

REV MATCHING!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Default REV MATCHING!!! HELP!!!

OK. I HAVE A 93 CIVIC COUPE DX. 5 SPEED OF COURSE....NOW....I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY DOWNSHIFT( REV MATCHING). BUT....THE THING WITH MY CAR IS...I DONT HAVE AN RPM GAUGE. LIKE I DONT HAVE A WAY OF READING ANY TYPE OF RPM. I'VE BEEN READING DIFFERENT ARTICLES SAYING. MAKE SURE YOUR REVING ABOUT 3000RPM B4 YOU SHIFT DOWN TO SUCH AND SUCH. BUT I DONT HAVE THAT READING. SO I DONT KNOW HOW IM SUPPOSE TO GO ABOUT REV MATCHING. AND I DONT WANNA MESS N E THING UP ON MY CAR BY DOING IT WRONG...SO CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT??? IT WOULD HELP IF SOMEONE HAD THE SAME TYPE OF CAR AS ME...BUT I MEAN IF YOU KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO. PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Default RE: REV MATCHING!!! HELP!!!

why do u feel the need to rev match? ur not supposed to look at the tach while doing it, its all by feel and sound.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:20 AM
HCF Member

^+1
Plus it causes more wear on your clutch.
It's more expensive to replace a clutch than it is to replace your brakes.
EDIT: and why don't you just get an aftermarket tach and throw it in there.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Yeah downshifting for corners or stop signs is just unnecessary wear on your clutch, transmission, and engine. Use the brakes, a lot less expensive to replace.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 AM

once u get used ot the car u should be able to tell when it's time to shift or downshift... but if u wanna look at an RPM gaugue get a gaugue from another civic that fits in ur car from a junkyard. i have the same car n thats what i did. but not for rom's the gas gaugue was broke on mine

Old 06-19-2008, 02:10 PM
HCF Member

edited thanks to the next post no response to you

Old 06-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Super Cereal Admin

To the OP: some of us are members of NICOclub, too

everyone read for your enjoyment LOL... kiss *** much? "sad to say"... "stupid civic"? Thems fightin' words [:@]

Old 06-19-2008, 03:43 PM

how dare you down a civic and if you really wanna rev match just practice note down the sounds with the speed your going and if your wandering how to rev it up press the throttle

Old 06-19-2008, 04:31 PM
HCF Member

OK HOPEFULLY I CAN GET SOME REAL HELP ON HERE UNLIKE THOSE FA*GOT HONDA V TECH BUTTHOLES. OK. SAD TO SAY I HAVE A STUPID CIVIC(TEMP) BUT N E WAY. IM TRYING TO GET THIS REV MATCH THING DOWN. NOW, I DON'T HAVE A TACH ON MY CAR. SO ITS BASICALLY NO WAY OF ME READING AN RPM. I TRIED REV MATCHING ON MY OWN BUT THAT WENT TERRIBLY WRONG. I KNOW FOR A FACT I DIDNT DO IT RIGHT. LOL. BUT LIKE FOR EXAMPLE, IF IM DRIVING IN 4TH AND I WANNA GO INTO 2ND TO TURN A CORNER AND THEN PICK UP SPEND AGAIN. CAN ANY BODY TELL ME HOW TO DO IT RIGHT.
why go to 2nd?? your gonna lurch forward huge when you downshift and ramp your rpm higher then you want, go to third. better yet, take your foot off the gas and go around the corner.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

No offense but I still do not understand the reason that people type with caps lock in. Pretty bad habit you got there next thing you know your going to be offering bjs under the nearest bridge for some coke.
BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Quick Reply: REV MATCHING!!! HELP!!!