General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

rhd conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:41 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: rhd conversion

Dude, that is just an accident waiting to happen......RHD. Maybe if you take lsd first and watched monty python for 24 hours you could wing it.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

lol, I hardly consider a car that is mass produced rare, just because there aren't a million of them here.

And turboing a car is completely different, it doesn't hinder my ability to do any normal driving activities

Old 03-08-2007, 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

ORIGINAL: ef4life

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

ORIGINAL: Forty04

your opinion
Nope, it's fact. RHD = not practical in the states
and illegal if your car isnt over 15 years old (i believe)

but Skateman im glad you decided not to do it, i think it woulda been very unique, but it seems like it woulda been ridiculously expensive and not worth it, especialyl if your car wasnt street legal anymore
not only is it not worth it, the fact is its not even unique anymore, hence it being referred to as rice. just search on honda tech for a few hours i am sure you can find more than a handful of rhd whips converted or imported.. is it cool, yeah espcially when your in the left lane and a hot chick isin theright lane, it makes it easier to get her number at the stoplight . and fastfood places frown on driving through backwards and left hand turns are a bitch in traffic, but parrallel parking is even easier since you can see the curb your parking next too, but them try to get out of the same parking spot on a busy street without getting hit.

would i drive a rhd car? - yes i would in a heartbeat,
would i drive it daily? - yes
would i waste a ton of time and money to convert it? - when hell frezzes over
nothing is unique to a civic anymore, everything in the books have been done to them already. i'm not saying that rhd are unique, but they ARE rare. and there aren't that many rhd civics in the states as you think, how many lhd civics are there compared to rhd civics??? a bunch.

i'm not saying it's worth all of the effort and money, but i am saying that it's a cool driving experience (for me).

that's like comparing the number of maple trees to the number of pine trees in a pine forest in canada....

of course in a market made up of lhd cars, a rhd car would be rare

the opposite is true in countries where rhd is prominent

lhd cars are rare

point of fact, as a daily driver in the US, RHD is not convenient nor very safe, as our roads and laws are designed for a LHD car

as for special use/or for fun driving, RHD is fine, and there are no laws against it if the vehicle was right hand drive to begin with, converting to RHD enters a gray area of the law that I am unsure of

Old 03-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya but the looks on a cops face when he looks at a car with the driver not visable... PRICELESS.... LMFAO or him comen to the drivers US side and not seeing anyone... its like... EXCUSE me sir... over here... LMFAO

but ya the cons seem very high... and for me doesnt sound worth the hassle...
but would make for a nice show car and head turner!

rice is so overrated.....
people think my underbody glow is rice.... but i believe ive done it classy so it looks great to most! its only rice if the bulbs are visable...

most people that just say THATS RICE... just to be hating! instead of just saying..... aaaa its just not my style..

Old 03-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

It's pretty much been discussed to death. Non fuctional tacky crap = rice.

I think that underbody neons are rice, I dont care how well tucked they are. They're gawdy and serve absolutely NO PURPOSE, and are therefore ricey

Old 03-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Recognized HCF Member

neithers a hood or custom taillights, or a spoiler, window tint, or rims...

its for cosmetics mainly... and at night... its lights my underbody lights... my headlights... my taillights...

i think rice is any stupid color design like yellow and red combined.... anything other than OEM spoilers..... most aftermarket taillights.... and definatly seat covers with flames on them... LMFAO

but you got your opinion... and i got mine.... to each his own.....
it wouldnt be customizing if everyone had the same style

Old 03-08-2007, 01:21 PM

hood & rims can provide weight savings

tint provides a much needed protection from the sun in some places...

as for the lights and spoiler.... pretty pointless tbh

and I remember the heyday of undercar neon... well before tfntf

Old 03-08-2007, 01:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cderalow

ORIGINAL: ef4life

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

ORIGINAL: Forty04

your opinion
Nope, it's fact. RHD = not practical in the states
and illegal if your car isnt over 15 years old (i believe)

but Skateman im glad you decided not to do it, i think it woulda been very unique, but it seems like it woulda been ridiculously expensive and not worth it, especialyl if your car wasnt street legal anymore
not only is it not worth it, the fact is its not even unique anymore, hence it being referred to as rice. just search on honda tech for a few hours i am sure you can find more than a handful of rhd whips converted or imported.. is it cool, yeah espcially when your in the left lane and a hot chick isin theright lane, it makes it easier to get her number at the stoplight . and fastfood places frown on driving through backwards and left hand turns are a bitch in traffic, but parrallel parking is even easier since you can see the curb your parking next too, but them try to get out of the same parking spot on a busy street without getting hit.

would i drive a rhd car? - yes i would in a heartbeat,
would i drive it daily? - yes
would i waste a ton of time and money to convert it? - when hell frezzes over
nothing is unique to a civic anymore, everything in the books have been done to them already. i'm not saying that rhd are unique, but they ARE rare. and there aren't that many rhd civics in the states as you think, how many lhd civics are there compared to rhd civics??? a bunch.

i'm not saying it's worth all of the effort and money, but i am saying that it's a cool driving experience (for me).

that's like comparing the number of maple trees to the number of pine trees in a pine forest in canada....

of course in a market made up of lhd cars, a rhd car would be rare

the opposite is true in countries where rhd is prominent

lhd cars are rare

point of fact, as a daily driver in the US, RHD is not convenient nor very safe, as our roads and laws are designed for a LHD car

as for special use/or for fun driving, RHD is fine, and there are no laws against it if the vehicle was right hand drive to begin with, converting to RHD enters a gray area of the law that I am unsure of
wow, that was a long quote, but yeah your post in bold above, i was referring to the U.S. market, so yeah, were on the same page, but thanks for the random comparison to trees

Old 03-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Name:  beating-a-dead-horse.gif
Views: 15
Size:  17.6 KB

Old 03-08-2007, 01:53 PM
HCF Member

^ yup