General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

RICER??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Default RE: RICER??

my whole view on modding a car is...
keep body as stock as possilbe..only mods are performance....
the only time you should touch cosmetic is to fix a problem, or to do weight reductions...
i just love the stock body lines of most hondas...

Old 10-26-2006, 02:20 PM

Yes, everyone has their own opinions... and ideas about how to mod a car... The funny thing is... they all do the same thing to be "different"... I'm not saying someone shouldn't do as they please with their car... go right ahead...

But, if I put a sticker on my car that says, "I'm gay"... I better be prepared for people to say something about it... and not in a positive light.... same with Rice... do what you wish... it's your car, but don't argue with me when I tell you I don't like it.... AND ... as I stated before... don't go around thinking that your car will beat anything on the road because it has a spoiler, a 8" fart can, body kit... and a stock engine... that's the true "ricer"

One thing I like about this forum is that most people understand what these cars are... I definitely expected more of a "ricer" attitude when I came here... pleasant surprise.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM

Im so tired of hearing spoilers on FWD cars as being counter productive. If you know anything about racing you'll know that you need dpownforce on the rear wheels as well as the front. Ever see a JGTC car without a wing? yeah its the one in the sand rolled over. I do agree about not putting one an an otherwise stock civic or anything that doesnt need it though.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

The funny thing about this is that both "performance moddersโ€ and โ€œricersโ€ seem to deem only their vision to be correct, and refuse any reason to the opposite party. This resembles countless other confrontations in the human history almost to the letterโ€ฆ

Old 10-26-2006, 03:02 PM

i don't care, but its the people that put retarded stuff on there car, like fake blow off valves and stuff, drive really stupid, and makes every ones insurance rates go up those are ricers imo. if you have a nice clean show car that isn't rice, if you have a nice jdm civic that isn't rice, its just the person doing the driving and there attitude

Old 10-26-2006, 03:43 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ef4life
i don't care, but its the people that put retarded stuff on there car, like fake blow off valves and stuff, drive really stupid, and makes every ones insurance rates go up those are ricers imo.
Exactly what I was talking about

Do you have any statistical data supporting your claims? Correlation between "retarded stuff" and stupid driving? Between fake blow off valves and insurance rates?

This last deserves more attention by the way. Insurance rates are unlikely to correlate to the amount of silly stickers and fake mods applied to the vehicle. Insurance rates are likely to go up because of street racers, and street racers tend to install real turbo... means street racers usually do belong to "perfomance modders" clan. Looks like you shot yourself in the foot

Old 10-26-2006, 03:54 PM

well most people that isntall fake stuff and watch fast and furious movies like to believe there car is fast, will street race and endanger peoples life, on the other hand someone with the real turbo kit and a sleeper look that street races is just as likely to get in trouble with the law by street racing.

the bottom line is its not what you drive its how you drive it, and your attitude

and having a bid spoiler and loud exhaust only draws attention to you good or bad, be it thieves, the law, or girls

Old 10-26-2006, 05:25 PM

the bottom line is its not what you drive its how you drive it
fast and the furious wisdom...lol

Old 10-26-2006, 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: BurryTheSpeedo

the bottom line is its not what you drive its how you drive it
fast and the furious wisdom...lol
haha i didn't even realize that. but i never had my car