General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

RICER??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 06:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: RICER??

ORIGINAL: ef4life
the bottom line is its not what you drive its how you drive it, and your attitude
And this exactly the point I'm trying to make

Old 10-26-2006, 08:54 PM

LOL... that's the point you were arguing with me... and if you'll read... it's not WHAT you do to your car... it's your attitude that makes you a "ricer" and... MANY times it's status quo. The 8" Fart can, double decker wing, and hideous body kits are all generally part of the "ricer" mentality.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

nope. you are still talking about "what you drive

Old 10-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Cat Fuсker

sorry, but here's the situation I was witness to today on I-95. Two cars. An EF hatch is a totally sad shape (fart can, unpainted body kit and TWO double decker spoilers) and a modded Evo were driving side by side. Here we have the performance clan and the ricer. The ricer was trying to engage in a street race with the evo. The evo driver ignored him and continued going 45 in a 45 while the ricer sped up to 80 than slowed down to let the evo catch up and than he'd speed up again. At one point the evo driver got annoyed and just revved it once so that the ricer would hear the BOV may be got off his case. Guess what happens? They both get pulled over. Im sure this is a street racing ticket that both of them got. It really is the attitude of ricers in general that makes insurance rates go up because it is mostly the inexperienced "fast and furious" types that cause accidents and street race. Every one I know who belongs to the performance clan race at a track and usually obey the traffic laws. And on the other hand the ricers I've seen in the college days....sorry, but it's a bunch of a$$hats who think they're more bada$$ than anyone with a fast car because "they raced them and won". Mind you, I have these idots pass me going 50 in a school zone when I go to work.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Misha

nope. you are still talking about "what you drive
Wikipedia.org -

"More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix rice, has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities. This practice is in contrast to the "stealth" or "sleeper" style of automotive modification, where a vehicle may have major performance modifications, but the appearance remains similar to that of a stock model. In this manner, the appellation can apply to any vehicle regardless of country of origin. The most commonly modified cars are sport compacts, but the term can apply to any class of vehicle, including trucks."

Old 10-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: RenegadeCivic

but the term can apply to any class of vehicle, including trucks."

Let's give it up for the tractor trailer smoke stacks on a ford ranger:-D

Old 10-26-2006, 11:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Roto
Let's give it up for the tractor trailer smoke stacks on a ford ranger:-D
Translate, please, for a non-native speaker

Old 10-26-2006, 11:38 PM

it mean its reallt ridiculous to something like that to a car!

Old 10-26-2006, 11:53 PM
HCF Member

Thanks
ORIGINAL: SpanishFly21

it mean its reallt ridiculous to something like that to a car!

Old 10-27-2006, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

sorry, but here's the situation I was witness to today on I-95. Two cars. An EF hatch is a totally sad shape (fart can, unpainted body kit and TWO double decker spoilers) and a modded Evo were driving side by side. Here we have the performance clan and the ricer. The ricer was trying to engage in a street race with the evo. The evo driver ignored him and continued going 45 in a 45 while the ricer sped up to 80 than slowed down to let the evo catch up and than he'd speed up again. At one point the evo driver got annoyed and just revved it once so that the ricer would hear the BOV may be got off his case. Guess what happens? They both get pulled over. Im sure this is a street racing ticket that both of them got.
Sorry, but I really doubt he got street racing ticket for just revving. Cops are not fools, usually. Even if he did, he will have pretty easy case in court to defend.
It really is the attitude of ricers in general that makes insurance rates go up
Don’t get me started on insurance, please.[:'(] If you want my opinion on this, open another thread, and I will post there.
it is mostly the inexperienced "fast and furious" types that cause accidents and street race.
Agree 100%
Every one I know who belongs to the performance clan race at a track and usually obey the traffic laws.
I do not obey traffic laws if they contradict my experience[8D]
And on the other hand the ricers I've seen in the college days....sorry, but it's a bunch of a$$hats who think they're more bada$$ than anyone with a fast car because "they raced them and won".
Don’t you think they might have different definition of “won” than you do? Don’t performance guys “think they're more bada$$ than anyone with a RICE car because they raced them and won" ?
Mind you, I have these idots pass me going 50 in a school zone when I go to work.
I just hope natural selection will take care of this. Others will learn their lessons eventually.

Quick Reply: RICER??