General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

how much should I sell her for?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 01:57 PM
HCF Member
Default how much should I sell her for?

Okay so I have a 2002 Honda Civic. It has a D17a2 swap, 17 inch rims, lowering springs, new tires, granny clutch, Megan racing exhaust and headers, Khicker subwoofer, two speakers, alpine amp, HID Low beams (missing the right bulb), racing seats, carbon fiber dash kit, 5 speed manual tranny w/ granny clutch, new engine mounts and oil sump gasket.... The drivers side seat goes back and forth (slides across the track fine), but will not tilt back and forth (that mechanism is broken). It will becoming with the viper alarm, but not installed in the car. I had to take it out. What do you think would be a fair price for this car?

P.S. The car is not perfect, it has a few scratches and dings (Noticeable, but not like DANGGG). It has a few problems, and I want to sell it before anything else major happens. I had to take out the viper, because it blew my ignition fuse some how, and my car shut down while driving down the road, the electric door locks only work when the door is closed (meaning you have to get out, close the door, and then lock it). It had a HUGE exhaust leak (bolt sheared off where headers meet exhaust pipe), and I fixed that. It has to have an 02 spacer to pass emmisions, It had 2 bad engine mounts, had to get them replaced, the ECU was wired wrong, had to get that fixed. The car has become less fun, and more of a money hole.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

BTW: the engine has 10k miles on it, while the frame and body have 200k

Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 PM

Given that it's heavily modified, needs some exhaust work, might have electrical gremlins, needs a few odds and ends, has two granny clutches, and has 200K on the frame, I'd say no more than $2500 or so.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:35 PM
HCF Member

I have been looking for another Honda. Maybe because I'm an old man I won't even pay attention once I see mods & 200K. A car like that is what kids want not guys like me that have cash to buy. The other thing is there are tons of cars like that on places like craigslist.
Not to be insulting but you would have to be willing to sell it way cheap to get any cash from me.
This is just the opinion of someone who is in the market for another Honda & has cash money in hand.
For the right car I would pay to have it shipped to me.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:00 PM

Personally.. I would go up to 3k.. There may be a lot of them on there. But gas prices are going to be sky high here in the summer. People will pay just about anything to get a car that gets great mileage. Another thing is that there is always that one person. Someone will buy it. I would put it out there for 3k and see what offers you come up with.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:16 AM
HCF Member

Yeah there is no way I could do 3k. Now I would never ask 10k for the car, but if I parted out all the accesories and modifications, and once all of them were sold, I could sell the car as stock. Doing that I could get at least 9k easy with the right buyers.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:44 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Sizzlinninja
Yeah there is no way I could do 3k. Now I would never ask 10k for the car, but if I parted out all the accesories and modifications, and once all of them were sold, I could sell the car as stock. Doing that I could get at least 9k easy with the right buyers.
you would think, put people are not gonna pay what you paid for the mods...

considering the things you listed, only the exhaust and header were name brand that you cared to mention, and very unlikely someone will buy used header/exhaust. Other nameless parts are never worth much. It sucks when you do spend money on your car and then realize that it is somewhat futile if you are trying to sell the car. Anyway, if you have already done that much to the car, fix the rest of the problems and have a great reliable car for yourself.

Cars are money pits, you just gotta spend the money on the right parts. Good luck trying to sell her, I just restored the entire interior of the car, just waiting on new seats, and I doubt I could get much for the car, unless like someone said, you find that one kid whose parents just have him money to buy a car...