General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

SEA FOAM FTW!

Old 11-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Default SEA FOAM FTW!

first i have to say I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! i've been having rough idle and bogging problems for a long time now. when i would sit idle, the tach needle would be all the way down as if the car were off. the engine would struggle to stay on and shake a good amount. u could also hear from the exhaust slight popping sounds and feel an uneven outlet. when i'd go from a dead stop and drive, it would be an uneven and slow, rough start. not untill i hit about 3k rpm's would it be smooth and wut it supposed to be like. also shifting was pretty rough. well i did everything i could have thought to do to cure these problems; spark plugs, spark wires, rotor, cap, fuel filter, pcv valve, etc...well those helped the slightest bit but didnt cure the problems. i got some sea foam for about $5 and i followed the DIY that x2100 wrote up. but insted of pooring the 1/3pint in each the crank, gas, and FPR all at once, i use about 2oz for each. then drove the car about a couple miles, then did again 2oz in each and that was it. i did this because my car has high mileage and i wanted to take it slow and easy. well, when i went for a drive the first time i noticed IMMEDIATELY a super smooth idle. when i was driving around, the rev was extremely smooth and even. shifting was very smooth and easy. power was right there instantly when i got on the throttle. it honestly feels like im driving a new/different car. its amazing how fast this stuff worked and how much better the car runs. no more bogging, no more rough exhaust flow, smooth all around driving. i love it. i highly recommend this to anyone who is having similar problems. it is easily the best $5 i have ever spent. only took about an hour to do(could prolly be done faster) and it was very simple. thanks to everyone for the help and the DIY's!! woot woot!

Old 11-18-2006, 04:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: SEA FOAM FTW!

I have had a bottle of that stuff for about four months now, and I think it may finally be time to use it. LOL

Thanks for the push to do it.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yeah i have a couple bottles in my garage that i didnt even know we had

Old 11-18-2006, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

yea the smoke it makes is cool too lol

Old 11-18-2006, 06:54 PM

im not sure but i dont think my car blew out that much(if at all, any) black smoke. i couldnt see the back end of my car cuz the hood blocked it but i didnt see any black smoke. but i did notice a good amount of white smoke coming out of my exhaust when i drove up and down the street but it stopped after just a min of driving.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:16 PM
HCF Member

Mine made a hella lot of white smoke when I put it in the fuel reg. hose.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

The white smoke is the product burning off, but i put a piece of cardboard underneath the tailpipe and it had a lot of black junk on it.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

Yeah on Saturday I poured some on the intake manifold and the white smokes looks very cool and I dumped the rest on fuel tank with a full tank off gas....DAMM prices in California took me $40.00 to get it filled up. [:@]

Old 12-03-2007, 06:43 AM
HCF Member

okay funny you mention this stuff. i was on youtube a week ago and saw seafoam videos and i really want to do this, i have the same issues as you do civicexracer, the exact. but what i don't get is where the hell does it go exactly????

Old 12-03-2007, 08:51 AM
HCF Member

I didn't get a ton of smoke when I did it. My car had 108k miles at the time, new plugs and wires and the short ram. While I was installing the short ram I decided to use it, since I already had the intake all apart anyway. I put half in my gas tank, and dumped the other half down the intake through the vac hose there. It bogged down hard but then regained idle, several times, until I put a crap load in there, then it died. I let it sit for about 15 minutes or so, then fired her up. She smoked a little, but not insane. I revved it a few times over about 5 minutes until it totaly quit, then everything was good. After it wore out of the tank I noticed better gas mileage, ha ha. Probably 1 mile but I know it cleaned the lines up.

I stock a bottle all the time now, and their PB blaster, or whatever that pen. lube is. It has helped me loosen nuts and bolts that I thought were goners.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SEA FOAM FTW!