General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

secret civic anti-theft trick

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 01:56 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: secret civic anti-theft trick

ORIGINAL: Irishdrunk

Ya I think not

PWNED!!!!!

That's almost as funny as the guy who took off the whole tire with the boot on it and took his car.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

http://autolock.com/Unbreakable_Auto_BL.htm

This and The Club together would make for a good theft deterrent.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:32 AM
HCF Member

Anyone got a DIY for the fuel pump switch or do I have to make one for hcf? lol I think I will do this. does anyone know what color the wire is and where I can get to it inside my car insted of the engine bay on a 97 civic, if notI guess I could look in my haynes manual I'm just lazy.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: 99lx

http://autolock.com/Unbreakable_Auto_BL.htm

This and The Club together would make for a good theft deterrent.
The auto lock is the bomb....lock up the clutch and if you register it and your car gets jacked you can get some money out of the company

Old 03-03-2007, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

wow, i think im gunna go wit hthe autolock, looks like a good investment

Old 03-03-2007, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

Anyone got a DIY for the fuel pump switch or do I have to make one for hcf? lol I think I will do this. does anyone know what color the wire is and where I can get to it inside my car insted of the engine bay on a 97 civic, if notI guess I could look in my haynes manual I'm just lazy.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938

Old 03-03-2007, 10:00 PM

another free anti theft trick........upper right hand corner of engine bay there is a wire harness (plug) that has a holder bolted to engine bay u slide it off the holder unplug then there is a metal piece that makes the connection between the wires, take metal piece out and take with u ....plug back and put on holder....looks like it wasn't touched and will take a long time for thieves to find and most likely won't have that piece and the car won't start without that connection......plug is a lil hard to get off though...it's a lil pain but will keep your baby with you though..

Old 03-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well the brake lock still isnt that great..... portable jigsaw would just eat thru the brake pedal if they had to.... as ell as thru thr steering wheel.....

and no matter what kinda preventions you can think of thiers ALWAYS a way to steal the car still... just 4 wheel dollys and a winch to just pull i tup on a trailer.......
in short.... FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE is your only true investment protection......

you can only prevent the lam theives that only carry a screw driver and maybe wire cutters.......

probably a somewhat ghetto CHEAP theft prevention tha ti thought about for my old crx was to fab up some metal and a simple like trailer pin and lock... that way ya pull the Ebrake handle hard and just put the pin under the Rbrake handle which would keep the handle from being released..... also just thought about pullen off the Ebrake buton... but i never tried any of those...... i just instaled alarms and kept full coverage insurance if i realy cared about the car...

Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 AM
HCF Member

That is a great writeup. Thanks for finding and posting it.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

i paid $1200 for my car, even if i get full coverage and with all the money i invested in the eg, they still wont give me near as half the money as i spent in the car, over time itll probably add up that im paying more for insurance thaan i will get in return

Quick Reply: secret civic anti-theft trick