General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

SH*T!!!!! SPEEDING TICKET

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:34 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: SH*T!!!!! SPEEDING TICKET

ORIGINAL: cderalow

ORIGINAL: rmg35

no, there is never cops on this highway cuz they can't hide anywhere, jersey barriers on both sides. he said he first seen me speedin when he was at a light
1) you're dumb, just because there's jersey barriers doesn't mean there's not cops

2) I hope they suspend your license until you're 18 or even better, 21, or my ultimate dream would be that they suspend your license indefinitely, and throw you in jail, there's no reason to ever be going more than 80mph on a crowded highway, let alone more than 100mph

3) I've never gotten a ticket (many many many written and verbal warnings), nor have I been involved in a major accident.

4) I agree with Pete, I hope your dad beats the **** out of you for being an idiot

5) it is never smart to drive like an idiot and do 30 mph over the speed limit in any situation on a public road

6) it is stupid punk kids that do stupid **** like this that result in higher insurance rates for those of us who actually are responsible drivers
I think you over-react.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Misha

no, there is never cops on this highway cuz they can't hide anywhere, jersey barriers on both sides. he said he first seen me speedin when he was at a light
1) you're dumb, just because there's jersey barriers doesn't mean there's not cops

2) I hope they suspend your license until you're 18 or even better, 21, or my ultimate dream would be that they suspend your license indefinitely, and throw you in jail, there's no reason to ever be going more than 80mph on a crowded highway, let alone more than 100mph

3) I've never gotten a ticket (many many many written and verbal warnings), nor have I been involved in a major accident.

4) I agree with Pete, I hope your dad beats the **** out of you for being an idiot

5) it is never smart to drive like an idiot and do 30 mph over the speed limit in any situation on a public road

6) it is stupid punk kids that do stupid **** like this that result in higher insurance rates for those of us who actually are responsible drivers
I think you over-react.

I'm sure you agree with 1, 2 is a bit over reaction, but I'm trying to make a point, 3 is true, 4 is true, 5 I'm sure you'd agree with, and 6 is true, inexperienced drivers are the reason why responsible drivers pay more for car insurance

Old 12-18-2006, 11:02 AM

i dunno, i just got that speeding thing in me, i love going fast. and its not like i don't know how to drive. lol. considering i was weaving threw cars and everything. i wouldn't really mind a 15 day suspension. but even before all that, i've really already learned my lesson. ever since that, i haven't went over the speed limit yet. this just really sucks....

Old 12-18-2006, 11:19 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

I think you over-react.

I'm sure you agree with 1, 2 is a bit over reaction, but I'm trying to make a point, 3 is true, 4 is true, 5 I'm sure you'd agree with, and 6 is true, inexperienced drivers are the reason why responsible drivers pay more for car insurance
1. I don't agree. His judgement call was wrong due to the lack of experience. This does not mean he is dumb, we all do those things.

5. It's never smart being an idiot. Idiots aren't smart by definition, are they? But doing 30 over does not necesserily mean being an idiot. Under some circumstances this is just fine and safer than doing speed limit under some different circumstances.

6. Insurance is FOR PROFIT business, and insurance companies will use any excuse they can and charge you as much as they can to make more money. Even if all teens majically start driving resposibly, insurance rates will not go down any time soon, so I don't see any reason in bashing your peers who make mistakes, as long as they learn from their mistakes... Just shop around for better rate, this is time spend much more usefull in terms of saving your money.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:22 AM

as of right now (before my insurance finds out about my speeding ticket), i am payin 100 a month.

how much do you think it is going to jump up to? like maybe 15-30 dollars more a month?

Old 12-18-2006, 12:04 PM
HCF Member

i dunno, i just got that speeding thing in me, i love going fast. and its not like i don't know how to drive. lol. considering i was weaving threw cars and everything.

Youve had your lisc for 3 days.......you DONT know how to drive. The streets are not your personal racetrack. Granted, Ill race on the highway from time to time, but its at like 3 am and theres no one out there........thus I dont risk innocent lives and I dont weave in and out of traffic. I hope they take your driving priviliges away for a few years.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: Pete

Youve had your lisc for 3 days.......
^ There's a valid point. I don't care how long you were driving with a permit, you certainly can not state that you know how to drive on a public road only having your licence for 3 days. It takes years before you'll actually c alm the f down and start considering the consequences (may be that'll happen some day)

Old 12-18-2006, 12:40 PM

who said thats the only experience i have? thats the only "legal" experience i got.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:55 PM
HCF Member

Honestly it doesnt matter to me, because quite frankly GOOD drivers DONT do the following

i was weaving threw cars and everything

Old 12-18-2006, 12:59 PM

so how much do you think my insurance is going up?

Quick Reply: SH*T!!!!! SPEEDING TICKET