General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Short throw shifter!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Default Short throw shifter!

Got a couple questions. I have a 94 Honda civic Hatch Back with 5 speed transmission. It is going to be my every day driver. Now I want to get a new shifter and shifter bushings because my stock shifter is so sloppy. Now here's my questions, witch shifter do most people perfer the single bend one or the dual bend shifter?

Also are ebay shifters any good?

Old 09-10-2012, 01:23 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by Baggedsdime1
witch shifter do most people perfer the single bend one or the dual bend shifter?
IMHO, dual bends because it brings the shifter back but keeps it straight up. I've had both and it's almost a toss up for me.

Originally Posted by Baggedsdime1
Also are ebay shifters any good?
Good, no. Will they work, yes... ...but don't expect it to last long with regular shifting. You get what you pay for. This holds true with almost every part for these cars. I can't tell you how many times I had to do the job twice because I cheaped out and bought the cheapo knockoff and thought it would work... Shifters, Steering Wheel hubs, HIDs, Headlights, Gauge faces... ...the list goes on...

Old 09-10-2012, 02:01 PM

I liked the single bend best, but again it is all a matter of preference.

eBay short shifters are a no-no IMO. As long as the shifter is steel NOT aluminum, you should be fine for the most part. The cheap ones are made from aluminum and can snap.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:01 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
I liked the single bend best, but again it is all a matter of preference.

eBay short shifters are a no-no IMO. As long as the shifter is steel NOT aluminum, you should be fine for the most part. The cheap ones are made from aluminum and can snap.
YESS!!! i had an aluminum short shifter in mine (previous owner must have put a cheap ebay one in) and it broke in half one day when i was driving.

i got a b&m dual bend shifter and i love it. plus they are pretty much unbreakable