General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

should i buy or not

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM
HCF Member
Default should i buy or not

ok. im a big civic fan and i just recently had a accident and wrecked my 89 honda civic dx hatchback. i ****ed up the frame and the front suspension. i didnt have the tools to fix it so i sold it for 250. i miss my car and everyone used to call it my micro machine or the angry lawnmower because it was small and loud. so i found a car on craigslist for 400. its a 88 honda civic standard 4 door, sunroof and power steering locks and windows. i think its a steal but my buddy went with me to drive it, the check engine lite stayed on and the cv boot was clicking when i turned. but he only wants 400 for it. my buddy keeps tellin me to find something else but **** all i got is 500 and i need a car asap. beings im starting college next month possibly. what do you guys honestly think. the body looks a tad dinged from hail but im not worried about it. no wrecked damage except the front but it looked like someone scraped something. not something with signirigant force to really mess something up. i really like it myself just it is going to need some work. i think 400 is a steal but my homie thinks im crazy. i loved my hatchback and i miss it and this car is so much like mine besides the power steering lol thats a plus. lol i got in and went to yank the steering wheel and hand slipped n hit the door lmao. im like wow. but i liek it alot. ill provide a link to the cl ad http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1167121707.html . but i want your guys ideas and reply soon. if u guys think its a steal ill have him come get me, ill go up there give him the loot sign the title and bring my fatass back to denver. (hes in longmont 40 miles north of denver) thats another issue, do you think itd make it that trip on the highway, or should i take a rural backroad back to denver going around 45mph. i dunno i like it but i want other peoples ideas, u guys have civics ****. lemme kno what u think. civics are the **** and i need another one

Old 05-18-2009, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

oh and here was my poor civic before i wrecked it

god i miss it

Old 05-18-2009, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

look if you only have $500 to spend pretty much any car you buy is going to have problems, so look around a little more. If you can find one that is in good mechanical condition then buy it cause in your case having a car that will keep running is wayyyyyy more important that a car that looks good.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:53 AM

Save up a bit of cash, if you dont have many tools and equipment to take car of any issues yourself then any car you get for 500 is gonna cost you loads in paying garages to fix it up.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:24 AM

Never buy a car with a CEL on unless there is a definite reason it is on and you know that there's no other reason it is on. You can go through hell and tons of cash trying to fix the problem.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:22 AM
HCF Member

im somewhat mechanically inclined. and i purchased the car and drove it back 40 miles back to denver and it survived. it idles high on start then drops to 750 rpm. cel comes on automatically throwing a code 7. and when i turn on the car i noticed the temp guage shoots to the top. before we left longmont yesterday it showed the tank as empty. i gave the cashier 20 and i went to fill it. it clicked and stopped at 5 dollars wtf. i dunno and the back passengerside door wont open lol. either handles work so thats gona be an adventure how to get open lmao. other than that i really like the car. its faster than my hatchback i previously wrecked lol

Old 05-20-2009, 08:59 AM
HCF Member

Find out what the CEL issue is...that is key!

Old 05-20-2009, 01:28 PM
HCF Member

so what does the car look like now after the accident?

lol j/k, sorry to hear and might want to reword your post to "pics AFTER accident".

Old 05-20-2009, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

i wish i had picks from the civic i hit in my dads (yeah my dads thought i was dead) lifted B;azer with some big tires on it. that car was F*CKED UP. lets just say i ran over the car a little and made in spin 180 degrees. cops were trying to figure out how we hit when i told them they said well one of u was flying ( i was doing maybe 3 mph)

Old 05-20-2009, 03:26 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by MistaGlock
oh and here was my poor civic before i wrecked it

god i miss it
Wow i hate to see it after the wreck lol

Quick Reply: should i buy or not