General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Should I do anything to my 08'?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 AM
HCF Member
Default Should I do anything to my 08'?

I have a new LX on it's way either today or tomorrow. I have urges to mod it, but it is a new car. Seems stupid to void the warranty, which makes me think I can only do exterior mods to it.

What can I do to a new car that won't hurt the warranty or the car? Any recomendations on the outside? I'm new to moding, because I never had a car worth doing it to.

I have an 08' Black LX. I'll post pictures when the car arrives.

Thanks for your input peeps!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: Should I do anything to my 08'?

i'd do the easy things intake/ exhaust /wheels and tint i would bother with a header cause the r18a's header is part of the head

Old 01-08-2008, 09:02 AM
HCF Member

I'm not gonna pretend I know things. So what is the r18a that you refer to? Is that the engine I have?

What intake is good? That would probly be my first thing, because I can do that easily. (aka I don't have to weld, because I don't have the equipment for it)

What do you think about LED accents? I've never seen them on a car in real life, but I saw a picture of one with green LED at night. It looked pretty sweet. And btw I think I'm going to go with a black/green theme for the car.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

^^ yup, that is the type of engine we have.
you can check out my other thread. I have lots of pics of my mods.
I dont see y not to mod, bolts on wont void warrenty unless somehow they can prove that you intake or exhaust ect. cause the problem. If you do have a problem just put the stock parts back on and take it to the dealer(thats all i do).

Old 01-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Stinky Administrator

yes r18a1 is your motor as for a intake i'd go with a aem or fujita they are blot ons but you might have to take your front bumoer off cause they are a cold air intake. as of now nobody make a short ram for our cars and led's to me are rice but its your car

Old 01-08-2008, 11:51 AM
HCF Member

OO , if you have a manual trans car. Get a short shifter +shifter cable and base cable bushings. This is one of my favorite mods on my 06 ex. The feel is so much better, stock is very clunky and you could seriously order a pizza inbetween shifts.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

I havea stick. What is the difference between a short throw? I've swapped broken linkages out of a car before, but I don't understand how change the linkages would do anything?

Old 01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

well the short shifter shortens your thro. Hmm i dont think i have any pics of the stocker next to my TWM but there is a difference, and it makes a huge one at that.

The distance between 1st and 2nd per say is now reduced. Kinda hard for me to explain maybe some else can expain better.
But trust me, it does reduce the shifts. I would NEVER tell you to buy something that isnt worth your money.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:05 PM
HCF Member

Well, I guess I don't fully understand what you're changing when you put a short throw on. Is it the whole boot and ****? or Just the shaft? Does it just make the cables have to move a slightly smaller distance? Do you have to put new linkages on too? What would you spend on the parts? Does it matter what you by? Seems like they would all be equal, as far is quality.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

No its a very small piece that connect to the bottom of the shaft. You need nothing but the part they send you.
head over the the TWM performance website and check it out. Search for 06 civic. They have many pics and also install pics. I sure that will help you our more than me trying to explain this picture i have in my mind.
This is a very easy install/mod,you are think much to hard about parts.

Quick Reply: Should I do anything to my 08'?