General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Should I Get this EG Hatch or No?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Default RE: Should I Get this EG Hatch or No?

ORIGINAL: civics4lyfe

Well I would like to vouch for the B16A2s, I have one in my EG right now.. And I beat a H22 EG hatch... Now I can't say its because the b16 is faster or anything like that, the could may just not have known how to drive a FWD car with that much torque, or the motor may have been in bad shape... It don't matter really if you do D/B/H/K series it depends on your tuning and the driver really... I watched a d15b2 with a small turbo beat a b18c1 turbo in the 1/4 (10.21) vs (10.83)... so it just depends on if its done right...

Well either way, the H22 is faster stock. His might have been stock and yours might have some work done to it, or his was just ****... But yea I don't like to put a turbo in naturally asperated cars, unless I go all the way and get everything needed because otherwise the engine will just blow...and a turbo can asily add 40lbs so the H22 isn't too heavy. And by the way is your hatch power steering?

Old 07-03-2007, 01:43 PM

No power steering and it has a CX rack n pinon, no A/C, basically nothing under the hood but the motor lol... So have you decided on whether you want it or not?

Cause if your uninterested I might be O_O lol...

Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

thats the best way. i would lvoe to have a h22 swapped into my eg but my boosted D will be funner for now

Old 07-03-2007, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: civics4lyfe

No power steering and it has a CX rack n pinon, no A/C, basically nothing under the hood but the motor lol... So have you decided on whether you want it or not?

Cause if your uninterested I might be O_O lol...

Yea I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it I just have to work a few things out with my parents haha I'm 17 so...I can't have **** in my name.

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

thats the best way. i would lvoe to have a h22 swapped into my eg but my boosted D will be funner for now
Yea it's fast as hell stock...a boosted D is fun but it's less torque and any turbo can make your engine unreliable...ya know.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

^^^have you seen the D im building? nothing is going untouched

Old 07-03-2007, 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

^^^have you seen the D im building? nothing is going untouched
Well yea that will be sick but think. Imagine if you did that to an H22...using all light weight, high performance parts? The thing would be an absolute screamer. A boosted D is fast but I'm not a big fan of puttin a turbo in a car that doesn't come with one...unless ofcoarse if you go all out on it and do the whole engine right, but either way turbos can blow...if your stupid.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

ricerburner is pretty educated and knows what he's doing. It's a pretty comprehensive build.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:18 PM
HCF Member

any motor can be and has potnential to be turboed you just have to know what your doing and have a good tune

Old 07-03-2007, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

ricerburner is pretty educated and knows what he's doing. It's a pretty comprehensive build.
Yea I believe him, I'm not downing him if anything I'm downing myself because i would never build a sick boosted D because it's some decent money, work, and a hard build if you go all out...I don't have the money or the knowledge to build one like that yet that's why I want a fast stock motor I cna just throw **** like 7lb flywheel exhaust, intake ect...

Old 07-03-2007, 10:54 PM
HCF Member

Boosted D will make much more TQ than an H22. Even if its a stock D.

Quick Reply: Should I Get this EG Hatch or No?