General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Should I get a Skunk2 Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 04:47 PM
HCF Member
Default Should I get a Skunk2 Intake Manifold

I own a 2000 Civic Si and I want to install a Skunk2 Pro SeriesIntake Manifold. People tell me the benefits if I install it or can it harm other components on my engine.I hear you get a GAIN of at least 10 HP.Should I do it or not?

Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Should I get a Skunk2 Intake Manifold

Well before you decide anything, you should take a look at this:
Click Me

Also check the product review section for your generation civic for other brands such as AEM, Injen, K&N etc. See how people rated them in terms of difficulity to install, product satisfication, and whatever that applies.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:32 PM
HCF Member

I'm looking to get an Intake Manifold ****NOT and air intake***** Have one already.
Anybody elseplease reply back Just with INFO on the item I want To get not other Items that I'm not interested. Thanks

Old 11-12-2007, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Civic Si 00

I'm looking to get an Intake Manifold ****NOT and air intake***** Have one already.
Anybody elseplease reply back Just with INFO on the item I want To get not other Items that I'm not interested. Thanks
AHAHAHAHHAAH LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO SORRYYY!

i read it wrong

Old 11-12-2007, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civic_burns_all

ORIGINAL: Civic Si 00

AHAHAHAHHAAH LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO SORRYYY!

i read it wrong

It's OK buddy mistakes always happen. Nobody is perfect in fact I had to read it twice where you redirected me. Got me confused for a second there. hahaha.
SO do you have an opinion you want to give me ?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

I heard the edelbrock intake manifold is better than the skunk2 but that was for a d16y8. You should expect good gains. I read on here on a thread that just on a d16y8 he got an extra 10hp and 5ft lbs tq. with I/H/E. And d series don't respond aswell to bolt ons so I would say yours would benefit.

I would uprage the throttle body aswell if you get that. I dunno if yours is 65mm or 68mm, prolly 68 since it's an si. But check into that cause if you get one with too big a hole than you'll loose power instead of gain.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Recognized HCF Member

iv heard of the coolent brass fitting coming out while the car is warm which isnt good on the skunk2 intake manifolds

Old 11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

I heard the edelbrock intake manifold is better than the skunk2 but that was for a d16y8. You should expect good gains. I read on here on a thread that just on a d16y8 he got an extra 10hp and 5ft lbs tq. with I/H/E. And d series don't respond aswell to bolt ons so I would say yours would benefit.

I would uprage the throttle body aswell if you get that. I dunno if yours is 65mm or 68mm, prolly 68 since it's an si. But check into that cause if you get one with too big a hole than you'll loose power instead of gain.
stock b16 is 60mm I belive. I think maybe a 62-65 would be ok but you are gonna need a cam to make an intake manifold worthwhile. Also, get an elderbrock i/m. Like riceburner I have also heard bad things about skunk2.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:22 AM

the elderbrock is a monster in size, its huge. Persoanlly i would go with a dif intake mani but ive seen alot of people having problems get the car to idle right so make sure you get or make a custom bracket so that the cars throttle cable will be set to idle right. But it comes down to preference and name on the two

Old 11-13-2007, 04:50 AM
HCF Member

Go for it I had one on my old civic and I felt a big gain and the car ran a lot nicer. I also had the skunk2 68mm TB on it to. This was all on a d16y8.

Quick Reply: Should I get a Skunk2 Intake Manifold