General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Shutting off the seat belt chime in the 2011 Civic EX Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Default Shutting off the seat belt chime in the 2011 Civic EX Coupe

I live in a state which recognizes basic principles of individual freedom and refuses to require its citizens to wear a seatbelt. My last car was a 2007 Dodge Nitro, and there was an easy method of permanently turning off the annoying seat belt chime (simply engage and disengage it three times quickly).

The seatbelt chime is driving me absolutely crazy. Sometimes I have my briefcase on the passenger seat and that is enough to activate the chime! I end up belting in my damned briefcase.

Does anybody know how to shut this thing off? I don't mind the seatbelt light, I just want to get rid of this annoying sound.

Thanks!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Spurlin99
I live in a state which recognizes basic principles of individual freedom and refuses to require its citizens to wear a seatbelt. My last car was a 2007 Dodge Nitro, and there was an easy method of permanently turning off the annoying seat belt chime (simply engage and disengage it three times quickly).

The seatbelt chime is driving me absolutely crazy. Sometimes I have my briefcase on the passenger seat and that is enough to activate the chime! I end up belting in my damned briefcase.

Does anybody know how to shut this thing off? I don't mind the seatbelt light, I just want to get rid of this annoying sound.

Thanks!
Damn, if you joined just to ask this question, you must REALLY hate that chime.

Not that I'm condoning this at all but have you considered just buying a seat belt extender and plugging that in? I realize it is probably not the most glamorous option but at least you would not be screwing with anything electrical?