General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

simple hp add ons

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:00 PM
HCF Member
Default simple hp add ons

besides i/h/e are there any simple horsepower add ons that are easy installs as well.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: simple hp add ons

advance timing, but you'll loose mileage and a little bit of wear on it. work on suspension, people always look over suspension but it helps acceleration.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:13 PM

^ i also heard changing those 8 guage ground wires helps out too but just a little bit.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

um, no, you won't see the slightest change

Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 PM

^ darn i changed 2 of mine and my car starts up much smoother now ( i dont know why)

Old 08-06-2007, 05:29 PM
HCF Member

Grounding kits do help... nothing significant but they do help. Also something as simple as an optima battery will help a bit also.

Look into underdrive pulleys, im not a fan but they do show hp gains.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:41 PM
HCF Member

no, upgrading one or two grounds will not show a power increase, unless you were previously using 100 gauge wiring. and your car is not quicker, it only runs smoother because it helps with idling, that is it's main purpose.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:41 PM
HCF Member

underdrive pulley set, breather filter for head, Sea Foam, bigger plugs/ MSD igition, Short throw..not faster but quicker throws..mhm.. ha, take off a/c and p/s..now that adds bout at least 50+ haha, Put on a 50 shot of nitrous..i meanNOS!!K&N filter, fully synthetic fluids (Mobile 1, Royal Purple),..random junk like that, will make it better. Not super noticable, probably not at all but longer life on engine..besides the 50 shot of nitrous...u will feel that.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:49 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 4doorcivic9

underdrive pulley set, breather filter for head, Sea Foam, bigger plugs/ MSD igition, Short throw..not faster but quicker throws..mhm.. ha, take off a/c and p/s..now that adds bout at least 50+ haha, Put on a 50 shot of nitrous..i meanNOS!!K&N filter, fully synthetic fluids (Mobile 1, Royal Purple),..random junk like that, will make it better. Not super noticable, probably not at all but longer life on engine..besides the 50 shot of nitrous...u will feel that.
do you even know what that does? that provides crank pressure which the head needs in order to operate at the max efficiency. not to be rude, but don't suggest that to people just because you've seen it in pictures when itdoesn't help their vehicle's performance.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

hmm..i do know what it does..and i have one on my h22. If you have ever noticed the stock intake or even any aftermarket intake runs its own hose from the intake piping to the head..Therefore buying a breather filter...the air coming through the intake doesn't have to go to the little hose and run to the head..therefore giving more air to go into the TB/IM. and not having to go through another hose just to supply the head air out of the intake. So im pretty sure I know what im talking about. It lets the head breathe better and doesn't take away air from the intake.

Quick Reply: simple hp add ons