General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Snow.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
HCF Member
Default Snow.

So It snowed for the first time last night. It wasn't much, it was just enough to make the roads nice and slippery. And I dropped my friends off and was headed home and could barely see anything. it was all white and dark. then as i was driving my the elementry school i went to, and the snow suddenly let up and the lights lit up the parking lot sooo well, there wasn't a car insight, or a track in the snow of the parking lot. So I had to, and i did.

Just a little fun, for a couple of minutes sliding around sideways. It was alot of fun, I had to share it with you guys. I wish i took a pick of the civic covvered insnow in the empty parking lot, it would have looked sick, but i didn't.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Snow.

sounds like a good time... just remember, if a cop shows up (even if he doesn't see you do anything, since you were the only one in the parking lot/there were no other tracks), it's a $107 fine and 4 points on your liscence (well, that's according to the letter the state sends you in the mail.... when I got my bike, according to my insurance agent, I had 0 points... I'm not sure how that happened). Not that I'd know from experience or anything[8D]

Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

Yea it just started snowing today here too. I can't wait for it to stick so I can hit up some empty parking lots before I put my new rims on. Only thing that sucks is that my e-break is on it's way out so it doesn't have enough power to lockup the back wheels when I am moving.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Super Cereal Admin

^ Even on snow? My e-brake doesn't do much good as far as locking up the back wheels on dry pavement, but it locks them up pretty good on snow.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:41 PM
HCF Member

Yeah. My e brakes the same way. I tried skidding to a stop the other day, nothing happened. but in the snow, it was so much fun. I wanna get it tightened back up soon, cuz i roll when im parked... lol.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:03 PM
HCF Member

It's been snowing here for awhile, actually... tonight, its suppose to snow 10 cm and tomorrow during the day its suppose to snow another 10 cm. I've been having tons of fun though [8D]

It's gunna suck tomorrow morning when I have to go out to my car in a ton of snow... lol

Old 12-03-2007, 03:13 PM
HCF Member

Eh, lucky people that get snow.....why????......i just wanna know why???(gets on Knees) ....south texas sucks when it comes to snow

Old 12-03-2007, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

^ LOL yeah NY just got snow yesterday, but its gone already

Old 12-03-2007, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Masonn

It's been snowing here for awhile, actually... tonight, its suppose to snow 10 cm and tomorrow during the day its suppose to snow another 10 cm. I've been having tons of fun though [8D]

It's gunna suck tomorrow morning when I have to go out to my car in a ton of snow... lol
yeah the snow here in saskatoon has been a pain in the ***.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: vectra

Eh, lucky people that get snow.....why????......i just wanna know why???(gets on Knees) ....south texas sucks when it comes to snow
yeah, it's fun as long as you're nice and safe in a parking lot. You want to know what's a whole bunch of fun? Winding two-lane, poorly paved, roads covered in the white stuff. I have no problem with a little bit of sliding action, but when you're going around an s-turn covered in ice and snow (even at like 30-35mph), you get kinda nervous. I had my ***-end come out on me twice today alone... luckily, I've had a lot of practice with slide recovery (aka having fun in parking lots/back roads), and I managed to recover both times... the tracks probably looked kinda funny though... what with me doing that little overcompensate-and-slide-the-other-direction thing a few times in a row and all

Quick Reply: Snow.