General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Snow.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 04:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Snow.

wait soo the cops will ticket you if your practicing slide recovery?!... or is that just some state law?
IMO stupid, but i guess i should keep my eyes open next time I'm out "practicing"

Old 12-03-2007, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

lol i dont think theres a person on here that can say they havent ever e-braked snow i was there with you a little bit today man, just be safe (both for pedestrians/yourself and the law)

Old 12-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: alpeffers

wait soo the cops will ticket you if your practicing slide recovery?!... or is that just some state law?
IMO stupid, but i guess i should keep my eyes open next time I'm out "practicing"
on public roads, it's considered careless driving... I tried using the recovery excuse at traffic court.. it didn't work so well.

Also, I was just out driving a little (had to go to a neighboring town to run an errand)... I got two good videos of what it really looks like when you're driving with about 10' of visibility due to the snow/wind for those of you who have never had the pleasure of driving in snow. (a drive that should have taken me about 20-25 minutes ended up taking damn near an hour) Anybody know how to get videos from a razr v3 to a computer?

Old 12-03-2007, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

I know what you mean...The Rain down hear is the best thing we got exceptfor seldomsleet in winter....but when i started doing things like that i lost my stereo speakers and radio..and know they rarely work.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

There is alot of back roads here that I've practiced on, and theres alot of back roads, I've slide out on, not on purpose and recovered. But the lonely parking lot is always the funnest. Though you gotta watch out for the pot holes. The snow covered potholes kill, I de-rimmed my tire last winter. It sucked changein my tire in below freezing weather. But it was worth it, I got like an hour and ahalf in with some friends with the road blocked off before I caught the pothole while counter steering.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

ORIGINAL: alpeffers

on public roads, it's considered careless driving... I tried using the recovery excuse at traffic court.. it didn't work so well.

Also, I was just out driving a little (had to go to a neighboring town to run an errand)... I got two good videos of what it really looks like when you're driving with about 10' of visibility due to the snow/wind for those of you who have never had the pleasure of driving in snow. (a drive that should have taken me about 20-25 minutes ended up taking damn near an hour) Anybody know how to get videos from a razr v3 to a computer?
get the usb cord and p2k them on.. (search razr p2k on google) or just goto modmymoto.com and dl it .. you can learn lots of stuff on there.

Old 12-04-2007, 04:59 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

lol i dont think theres a person on here that can say they havent ever e-braked snow i was there with you a little bit today man, just be safe (both for pedestrians/yourself and the law)

I have never E-braked in snow.ha

Old 12-04-2007, 08:02 AM
HCF Member

^ do you live in a snowy climate? lol

Old 12-04-2007, 10:03 AM
HCF Member

If you live where it snows, at least once a year you have. lol.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:47 AM
HCF Member

I have tried, still can't get it to work. I do like to spin my tires a lot though. I think next time I hit up an empty parking lot I am gonna try those reverse donuts... The "right" way to do donuts in a FWD car.

Quick Reply: Snow.