General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

So I crashed, but now it's better...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:03 PM
HCF Member
Default So I crashed, but now it's better...

2 weeks ago i rear ended some blonde chick... she stopped short and i was cleaning off smudges on a cd and when i looked up i was like F*CK! she was driving an Escape with one of those black super durable plastic bumpers, and the civic is lower than that especially when braking hard, and i slid right under her bumper. Damage: Headlights, front bumper, both fenders, hood, radiator, tie bar. Cost me 3g in the end... it was horrible. not so much paying the 3g as seeing my civic messed up like that. Anywho, i do have a question out of all this. Since i got my new bumper with new paint and all, can i go ahead and install my fogs? or would cutting into the new paint be a bad idea. Also idk if i should wait til spring to install them. Anyone have bad experiences with getting your fogs wrecked in the winter??

Old 10-16-2010, 02:04 AM
HCF Member

such a beautiful car, and now you wrecked the front end..... i hope you put all OEM parts on and not that ceap crap from copar.

But to answer you question, no...that is if the paint job was done right.

If you look at your OEM bumper cover, you see the fake vents on the side where the fog light would go, the vents themselves are black, also the lower grill.

Usually body shops save time and paint the whole bumper cover, this is a giveaway that your car was in a accident.

If the paint job was done right and there was no paint on the vents, its ok, because thats all you would be cutting out.

If the pait was layed down wrong, you could be opening a can of worms, it could start peeling.

I dont see why installing the fogs during winter would be a bad thing, it just would be really cold while your working on it.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:10 PM
HCF Member

im not sure what "copar" parts are but as far as i kno they are OEM. And they didn't paint the little black plastic vents or the lower grille. they did a nice job and were pretty passionate about how it turned out. I trust they laid the paint correctly, theyve been in business for over 30 years. Thanks for the help, now to get those fogs in!