General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

so someone tried to steal my car??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Default so someone tried to steal my car??

so i woke up this morning and me being stupid i got home from work late last night and i just parked my car on the road in front of my house not thinking.. i woke up and yeah the weather stripping is pulled away from the door. so i took it to manchester honda to see if they could fix it and this guy was like yeahh just to let you know someone was trying to steal your car.. i was like greattttt not only have i heard about my wheels getting stolen now my whole car?? this is ridiclous.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:21 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: so someone tried to steal my car??

Damn thats ruff. Dont you have an alarm?

Old 07-26-2006, 12:21 PM

If you don't have an alarm, you should install one. Usually people who steal Civics are not real professionals. The pros go for the expensive cars. By installing an alarm (if you don't have one), should deterr those little punks ***** who have nothing better to do than to break into people's cars.

Btw, sorry to hear that someone tried to break in.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

were i work theres always brake in's, one time 4 cars all around me get broken into...none had a alarm,the one with the alarm (me) wasnt touched ...i hope it keeps working

Old 07-26-2006, 02:04 PM

Get a .45 and camp out in your car for a couple nights so you can blast those chumps when they come back!
GET 'EM!

Old 07-26-2006, 02:56 PM

well i belive i know who it is, because they had stated they wanted to steal my wheels and i know for a fact they have stolen civics in the past anddd i have a big problem with this person so if anything happens to my car they are the first one im goin to and they will mostly likely not have arms or legs anymore im getting an alarm installed on friday i was told it is a very good one.. i totally forgot the name and i am getting wheel locks for my car and until i get my new alarm i am actually parking my car bumper to bumper with my parents cars so if they wanna steal the whole car it will be a little harder. kind of pathetic i have to go to this extent just to keep my baby lol

Old 07-26-2006, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

Dang..soorry to here..atleasst they didnt get it tho....Yeah alarm would be a great idea...But i hoope everything stays smoothly.....

Old 07-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya if someone has made that threat already you realy need to take some precautions!!!!!!
id buy two wheel lock kits localy and another 2 online.... make it imposible for them to steal the rims!

you need to also have a TILT sensor instaled with your alarm, and if ya can also instal a motion/proxi sensor to put inside the car... and if you REALY wanna be safe... get a hood lock kit..

i know autoloc used to make a kit... preaty much just a steal cable one for the hood and one for the frame and a hoop and a lock.... that way without the key you can only open the hood like 6inches or so depending how ya do it or adjust it.....
but a chain will do just as good.. just wrap the chain with some electrical tape so it doesnt rattle when closed, mount it outta the way of the fains and if you can slap on a elastic cord to help hold it outta the way.
that will suprise ANY THIEF when they shimmy your door open and then try quickly pop the hood and yank or cut the siren or battery wire....

but for your rims this should be your first purchase!
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-CAR-AUTO-ALA...QQcmdZViewItem
go ask your alarm guy right now if he can get that and instal it with the alarm...

also your best alarm choice will be LCD PAGING ALARM SYSTEMS! they work great!!!!!!
best thing is if its triped it pages your remote control saying its going off or if its warning chirp has sounded!!!!!

and one thing ive always thought about doing to realy freak a car thief out would be conect the output parking lights with them flashing of course... and also a relay... and slap a bunch of cheap fog lights under the car shining in all directions under the car so ya cannt see them of course! and then at night when these car thieves THINK they have the cover of darkness...... instantly BAM!!! light into day scaring the crap outta them!!!!!!

never done it... but always had the idea.LOL

and to protect your truck.. hell just delete the trunk lock! yank that sucker out... ya can also relocate the trunk release or even remote with a solonoid poper.

just be creative... think about IF you was the thief........ how would you steal the car... and how would you steal the rims.... ya gotta lift the car to pull off the rims.... ya also need to get the lugs off...

tho remember if its a truly organized thief it doesnt matter what ya do.... they gotta get it first try!
a tow truck makes QUICK work to steal a whole car... and lets face it... who looks at a tow truck towing a car with thier alarm siren going off.... I KNOW I WOULDNT unless it was my car.

i know i keep on typing.LOL
but also ive even heard of some people online that actualy remove thier computer from thier car so thiers no way to hot wire and drive off.LOL also swaping out the stock wheel for a quick release hub wheel and take the steering wheel with them.LOL

and if you REALY GOT some money to spend... DO IT BIG to save your rims.... bag that sucker and lay the frame so close to the ground that NO tow truck or jack can get under the car to lift it.LMFAO

id love to do it to mine BUT just to poor. bags are sweet!!!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

I had the exact same thing happen to our neon.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:44 PM

if also heard of removing a fuse under the hood. i don't know what it is but its in the hood area to the right where the plugs meet.....air struts saved my ride they didnt' know what to do with a closed system nitrogen rules.....little tricks fuel cut off switch is good less then 10 but alarm is great

Quick Reply: so someone tried to steal my car??