General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

so what do you guys think of my civic so far...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Default RE: so what do you guys think of my civic so far...?

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720
take the front license plate off,
ORIGINAL: 4doorcivic9
nice ride, just take off license plate on front,
not to hijack his thread, but this does sound like I pretty good idea...I never thought of it for my civic.
is it legal everywhere?

Old 04-13-2007, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

lol youre not hijacking this thread but in some states you are required to have a front plate in north carolina youre not... my front plate says HONDA on it and i just dont feel like taking it off yet haha but yeah next time you see a cop somewhere go up to him and ask him if you can do it and what will happen if you do do it so yeah

Old 04-13-2007, 10:33 PM

well someone told me it is indeed illegal in Texas...
but i know my friends jaguar doesn't have a front plate.

I doubt cops go around looking for people with no front liscense plate.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:21 AM
HCF Member

IMO i like the rims and the lip kit. The only thing i can say is drop that bad boy!!

Old 04-14-2007, 09:29 AM
HCF Member

haha yeah drop i noticed haha but how low would you guys say? i dont want to be scraping when i turn the streering wheel all the way you know.... and i mean if a cop sees you without a front plate he might just warn you but lets say youre speeding get pulled over and he sees you dont have it than you get another ticket for no reason ... talk to some more people maybe you can get put it in your front windsheild like on the dash... you know what i mean

Old 04-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: stefo

i also want a front grill im love the SI front grill it doesnt have those layed looking lines just the H in the middle i like that a lot ... woudl it fit into my grill because isnt the 99-00 SI front diff fro mthe ex and other 99-00?

the SI grill screws right up to the EX bumper
thats what i got

the SI grill is a 2 piece grill.... make sure ya buy both pieces the middle black grill material and the painted trim cover... i bought mine used off ebay for ruffly 50-75bucks... just had to paint it with a spray can

Old 04-14-2007, 01:17 PM

get nippons there way cheaper than rotas but they look the same

Old 04-14-2007, 01:41 PM

I never thought of it for my civic.
is it legal everywhere?
i had to go to court for it once, so i would suggest checking first. if you're keeping the rims black, i actually kind of like the look of the black lip and skirts. also go with an eibach sportline kit. gives a good ride and that 2" drop should be just about right

Old 04-14-2007, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

oh yeah im prolly going to keep these fat fives for now unless someone offers to buy them haha but yeah ... well i want to paint the side skirts mud flaps and rear lip w/ the front lip to match the paint i think it wouldnt stick out as much and thats what im aiming for... for it to look really nice but not to attract people who dont really know anything... hah so yeah and im really loving the SI style grill a lot haha but its kinda pricy compaired to the other rip off grills on ebay... dont you guys think?

Old 04-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Recognized HCF Member

to me OEM is the only way to go with the grill.... its made to fitt PERFECTLY and last a long time! just keep an eye out for a used one on ebay... but you can get them new for like 120-150bucks
i believe they are worth the money! im glad i got mine! makes it look awhole lot beter in the front end!!!

tho id still love to have a billet grill in the upper and lower grill opening! but no one makes them so its gotta be straight custom

tho i would ditch the solid black rims.... or just paint em like gunmetal or something...
i didnt realize they where rims till i looked closer.LOL

Quick Reply: so what do you guys think of my civic so far...?