General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Some friendly neighborhood adivce?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Default Some friendly neighborhood adivce?

So here's the dealio. When I bought my Civic, I was focusing on insurance payments and how easy it was to drive. I ended up with an automatic sedan. Since then, I've gotten a better job, and wanting a car that's mroe fun to drive. Since I've bought my car, I've got a few mods including strut bars, rims, intake, and other things.

Here's the question. Should I strip my car and put all of the oem equipment on it, sell my car, and put the aftermarket gear on my new car? Or should I try to sell my car with all the stuff it has on it now, and try to start from scratch on my new car? Or is there some happy medium inbetween the two?

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Some friendly neighborhood adivce?

people get more money back with a stock car depending on who your selling to but ya you should put it back to stock and sell the aftermarket parts

Old 04-03-2008, 10:27 PM

Do they really? I didn't know people get more money with oem parts..

Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

ya because when people see a modded car they think just because we are not pro techs that we cannot tighten bolts all by ourselves.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

People Tend to pay more cash for a Civic with more OEM parts Vs aftermarket parts on them. Once they see all these mods???? they get scared and frighten away because there 1st impression to them is that the car has more likely been abused.

The more stock it is = worth more cash
Installed all aftermarket parts into your new ride or sell them on the side and make some cash for better parts towards your new ride

But, hey some people like to purchase there cars modded already but most people will prefer them STOCK.
I'm one of those persons that I purchase my cars BONE STOCK

Old 04-03-2008, 11:04 PM
HCF Member

The value of your car will remain towards the higher end with the OEM parts on it.
Now, if you throw in both oem and aftermarket parts, obviously you can boost up your price a little. You have to find someone that would want all that though.
Or you can take the easy road and sell it with oem then sell your aftermarket parts on here or wherever.

By the way, with wheels, you will never get the amount that you put into those, sorry but that's jus the way it goes.
So you might just be better off keeping those and throwing the stock wheels back on.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:13 PM

I'm glad you guys are saying this seeing as I adore my rims and never want them out of my possesion. Haha.

Only real problem is getting a normal exhaust installed. Anyone have a solution for this?

Old 04-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Just put a stock type muffler on so it is quiet. The rest of the exhaust can stay you don't need to say anything about it unless the buyer asks.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 AM
HCF Member

I think car parts stores sell cheap 20 dollar mufflers, and just buy some clamps so you dont pay a lot to weld it.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:45 AM
HCF Member

I doubt the muffler would be a problem, if anything you can say you put a new muffler in it so the buyer doesn't have to worry about replacing it anytime soon.

Quick Reply: Some friendly neighborhood adivce?