General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Son of a Bi.t.ch..

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:21 AM
HCF Member

i'm assuming it's automatic windows right.?
try pushing from the outside in, while somebody pushes the button to make the window go up/down.
then try it from the inside pushing out if it didn't work the opposite way.

if it still doesn't work you might have to ghetto rig it with plastic bag, duck tape =/

Old 12-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

no, no, no..
6TH GENS HAVE THIS PROBLOME! MOSTLY 60% DO...

they made the regulators really cheap so after years of using them, they bend and cause your window to go off track.

TIP: dont hold window, roll regulator down and slide window down just do you can have fresh air because the window likes to slip out of your hands, fall inbetween the door and shatter.. ASK ME HOW I KNOW

goto a junkyard or a honda stealership, get new regulators. its common in these models, im pretty sure there was a recall back in the day for it. all u need is a regulater.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:34 AM
Angry Admin

Ok
It is a rather quick fix once you get good at it
15 min tops

To remove door panels there are five screws I believe u need to take out and then three to take speaker off.

There is one behind inside door handle, one in the little holder thing and the others are behind speaker.

Once you unscrew these take off the trim pieces. To take off the one in armrest put a flat head screwdriver underneath and pry up.

For the speaker screwdriver and pop it off you will see the screws

Then for the panel to take it off just put screwdriver in-between panel and door and pop around the edge not the top edge but the bottom and side

Then there is a 10 mm bolt that u should remove to place window back on track. Once done lube everything up nicely and put everything back.

Putting the door panel on is sometimes difficult.

I do not know how to really describe it but put one corner of the top part in and then work your way back.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

yeah but thats not a perminate solution, the regulator will still act up and it will keep doing it, what if your parked on the bad side of the city... or anywhere to be honest, and your window jumps off track again, your going to have to leave it down untill you get home putting all of your belongings at risk. i have over a grand in my stereo system and that is alot of money to me, im a poor **** haha, so its best just to replace the regulator.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Angry Admin

i know its nto a permanent solution but it'll do for now lol

Old 12-02-2009, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

Just buy yourself a new Honda Regulator(I forget, around $60). Do not buy some cheapo auto zone regulator like I did, I just got the same problem later on(only reason I replaced it at first was that the gears in the regulator were stripped, so it would reach top, then slide down 1/2")

it's an easy fix to put the window in track, but it'll keep happening until you replace it.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:27 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
Just buy yourself a new Honda Regulator(I forget, around $60). Do not buy some cheapo auto zone regulator like I did, I just got the same problem later on(only reason I replaced it at first was that the gears in the regulator were stripped, so it would reach top, then slide down 1/2")

it's an easy fix to put the window in track, but it'll keep happening until you replace it.

thats exactly what i just said lol.

you can put the window back on track like jp said for now but i wouldnt be too sure of it, they WILL pop back off track. just get a regulator ASAP