General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Source 4 Civic Real Seal

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Default Source 4 Civic Real Seal

I need a good source to buy an rear main oil seal for my civic. The local Honda dealer took my money but then called back saying they could not deliver. I found one seller on the web but they wanted $15 ship n handling for a $10 part. I said no.

83 honda civic 1500 NOK AH6924P 74x98x12 Honda 91214-634-004

Help is appreciated. I need to buy a rear main seal. cheap but reliable and fast. lol.

It was leaking a little oil and since I had the head off I decided to replace the main seal. How much work could that be? Oops. A lot of work thats how much. Well it was a learning experience. Now I know how to replace the transmission, axles, trans cables, engine mounts, starter motor, and a few other things. Useful for the future I guess.

After I got the seal out it didn't look like it was leaking. Of course it would now. lol. Live and learn. Maybe someone else was sloppy when they put oil in and poured it over the engine instead of into it.

Joe.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:11 AM
Default RE: Source 4 Civic Real Seal

Wait.... Honda took your money for payment, said they couldn't get one and did not refund? Also, if Honda doesn't have it, who else?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:04 PM

No they gave me my money back of course. They just said they could not sell me one. I still need a source. No doubt they can get one of a limited number for in house repairs but were unable or unwilling to get onefor me. Thanks for responding.

I still need a source for a rear main seal 1883 honda civiv 1500cc.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cachenut

No they gave me my money back of course. They just said they could not sell me one. I still need a source. No doubt they can get one of a limited number for in house repairs but were unable or unwilling to get onefor me. Thanks for responding.

I still need a source for a rear main seal 1883 honda civiv 1500cc.
take that car to a musem !
haha

autozone

Old 05-04-2008, 01:51 PM

not funny.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cachenut

not funny.
you are the one that wrote 1883.....

stop posting this thread over and over again...you only need to make one.

Check out just your local auto parts store..like i posted above autozone has one, if you dont have that im sure kregan or advanced auto or napa will have them.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:33 PM

you are rude jerk.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:44 PM

I posted a second time cause no one responded to the first one. Check the times.

And please dont complain about my messages. If all you can do is complain please don't respond. I've gotten stupid remarks about my messages a couple times now.

No I tried napa, and autozone and precision. none had the right type. All they offered was the metal exterior type, not what I want. I was looking for rubber on rubber.

I have not heard of kregan and do not know even what they are. I will google it I guess.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

Strait from the rules

4. Double posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Double posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one. In addition, please do not post in the same thread back to back (another version of double posting), if you have something more to add, edit your post, don't post twice in a row in a thread.[/align]

I dont know why you think im a jerk....i gave you some information and made the smallest joke about an error you typed...

Old 05-04-2008, 05:48 PM

Please just stop posting. Its obvious you cannot tell me where to get a seal to replace the one I took out of the car. Let someone else answer.

please no more comments about my messages. thank you.

Quick Reply: Source 4 Civic Real Seal