General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Spidering paint....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:09 AM
HCF Member
Default Spidering paint....

Hey guys, my 00 civic is green and when I bought it last march, I noticed that the paint on the hood and on part of the roof were starting to spider/crack in certain spots. I got a carfax report on the car when I bought it and it has never been in an accident or anything. I just took it to the carwash this past Wednesday to get all the salt off it from the snow storm we had 2 weeks ago, and when I got out to dry my car, I noticed that it looked like the paint on the hood is getting worse. There are small chips of paint missing and the areas of paint that were spidering seem to be getting larger... Other than this the paint on my car is really clean but the hood/roof are worrying me. I had to use a whole thing of touch up paint because there were so many scratches on the doors when I got it.. I kinda wished I looked closer at it before we paid what she was asking, but the car was a little dirty and I was so excited about getting the car I really wanted I didnt look that carefully lol. Is this because the paint is heating up and chipping or is there something else that could be doing it. I dont think Im going to take it to the car wash anymore, at least the automatic one, that way I can keep the spray as gentle as possible on those areas (I only use the carwash in the winter, otherwise I do it all myself anyway). Any ideas what this could be?? I don't have the $ to have it repainted but I dont want it to get anyworse so that large groups of paint come off or anything. Thanks a lot.

Craig