General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Stage 1 mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:17 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Stage 1 mods

ORIGINAL: Short_bus

I guess the board that I am on and am on staff at, we treat everyone with respect and help out when we can and with what we can.
Same here.

We don't do these lazy azz post about, "Its already been said 1000 times. Go look it up!" Yeah, well I have done that and I have yet to find my specific questions.
What specific questions? All I see is a bunch of vague questions.

For even the admins to do it here sets a really bad example.
The admins have set up special forums just for product reviews of every generation Civic. We post DIY's on how to install parts. We have created stickies and FAQs in many forums to answer the common questions. Forgive me if I don't want to rehash ALL of that here in one thread for you.

WTF ever. No wonder everyone hates RICERS.
Okay.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

^^^

Old 12-09-2007, 09:51 PM
HCF Member

if you spend more time around the forums, or just look at the "Related Links" on questions such as "What bolts on are good? What are the gains like? Good Brands??" you'll notce 5-10 almost EXACTLY the same titled threads down there, and it just gets old. I've been on here for a while now and im not a mod or admin or anything but it gets super old seeing the same questions, and typing word for word the EXACT same responses, so dont get mad man, we've all taken our fair share of flame, but the stickies would answer more your questions about basic bolt ons. Suspension work makes the ride ALOT funner, especially on the twisties, I/H/E/TB/IM might give you 15-20 hp and some throttle response, which makes for a fun DD, but dont expect to be sticking with the Mustangs anytime soon, and any project that will give you some SERIOUS gains (75-100+ HP), takes some serious money ($2000 if you play your cards right) and lots of knowledge, which can be obtained from (again), the.....STICKIES! Nitrous is a bit cheaper, but refilling the bottles i imagine gets old and expensive real quick, and its not legal everywhere, but if you want nitrous all the time, turbo charge it, and refer to the $2000 and stickies lol so don't get mad, just ask SPECIFIC questions, such as "I'mn looking at T25, HF manifold, 28x4x12 intercooler, 450cc injectors and 3" custom exhaust. If i get a dyno tune with my chipped ECU, would that be too much to handle on my stock y8? I've got a compression test and al cylinders are within 10% of each other, which is managable. What do oyu guys think?" People will MORE THAN GLADLY answer that, but "What bolts make it was fun DD?" gets brought up again and again, so dont blame us if you we dont wanna retype it once a week for people like you.

kthxbai