General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

STOLEN CAR: Red 1999 Honda Civic EX coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Default STOLEN CAR: Red 1999 Honda Civic EX coupe

I posted this on a few Honda forums, hope you guys don't mind my posting it here (I'll remove it if you guys want). My baby was stolen sometime on Sunday, 3/9/2008, from my driveway, while I was home. I still can't figure out if it was towed or broken into (don't see any glass). It's a pretty much stock 1999 milano red Civic EX coupe. It has a crack on the passenger side bumper, "JDM" black housing headlights, a small (1" x 2" i think) rust spot on the hood, and the passenger fender isn't perfectly aligned with the hood (all from that fender bender). It also has oem mudflaps, backlight for gauges is red (instead of the usual dull white), and a silver Insignia MP3 CD deck. Was a 5-speed manual. Please call the cops or me (914-713-6278) if you know anything about this.

I'll try to find and add some more pictures.

This was in Sayreville, NJ (central jersey).

Name:  IMG_0548.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  148.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0049.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  113.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0052.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  123.1 KB

Old 03-15-2008, 01:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: STOLEN CAR: Red 1999 Honda Civic EX coupe

that sucks

Old 03-15-2008, 04:51 PM
HCF Member

that sucks man...mine almost got stolen the other night ..u shoulda had some kill switchs or somethin

good luck with finding it man

Old 03-15-2008, 06:23 PM

yeah, if I get it back in one piece (doubtful) kill switches, alarm, the works are going into it...it might be my beater but I still need(ed) it.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:49 PM

Damn man where i live we leave ours doors unlocked and windows down with no problems man that sucks good luck. Also what the hell would someone be thinking stealing a car what would give them the right i just dont understand it! Its really not a beater man i like it really hope u find the a#*holes who did this

Old 03-15-2008, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

Insurance will be your best friend, because if a thief really wants a car, he will get it. Sorry for your loss.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Red98

Damn man where i live we leave ours doors unlocked and windows down with no problems man that sucks good luck. Also what the hell would someone be thinking stealing a car what would give them the right i just dont understand it! Its really not a beater man i like it really hope u find the a#*holes who did this
thats a lame comment.... dont think your area is crime free! its attitudes like that get there car or house broken into after leaving it unlocked and wondering HOW/WHY.

youve just been lucky.

ive been lucky so far and not had to deal with a theft yet...
hope you get your car back in 1 piece man! hopefully they just used it for a joyride and ditched it somewhere.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:49 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

ORIGINAL: Red98

you've just been lucky.

Very true...Good Luck always ends at one point...You will regret it. Some random person can drive by your neighborhoodand steal your car bro or stereo or W/Eand you will be [sm=smiley19.gif]

Old 03-16-2008, 06:22 AM

Just got a shady call a few minutes ago...some hispanic sounding guy called and asked how much I wanted for the car. He apparently saw my craigslist posting (http://newjersey.craigslist.org/car/607678688.html), and I clarified by saying I'm not selling it, I'm looking for it. He responded by saying "oh, I thought you found it and were now selling it," but looking at the craigslist posting I made I don't see how one can misunderstand...

I did a reverse lookup on the phone number, but it looks like it's a verizon cellphone. I really can't accuse him of anything but incompetence, but I wished I knew where he lived so I could drive around the area...

Old 03-16-2008, 07:31 AM

Hey u guys misunderstood what i was saying the point of it was i dont understand what makes people think they have the right to do stuff like this! Sorry if i sounded like a dick of course people get robbed and stuff gets stolen i was just saying that i really have never thought of somebody just coming up to my house and stealing my car

Quick Reply: STOLEN CAR: Red 1999 Honda Civic EX coupe