General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Stolen Civic Epidemic

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:52 PM
HCF Member

Best anti-theft device: a hardcore reputation. If everyone knows you mean business, no one will mess with your ride. Just kill a few people. Works for me.

Btw, if anyone is interested, 8 out of the top 10 most stolen cars in Australia are Audis.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

lmao, kill a few people, i'll get on that as soon as I can to save my civic :P

Old 09-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya im calling total BS for you from now on.LOL

hell i used to carry my pistol on my waist when i was living at a old apartment complex when working on my truck i had and well no one ever messed with my car, but i know somebody or some kids where messing around it afew times. gotta love my paging alarm system plus looking out the window with a bright @ss spot light i had ever time i hear it do a warning chirp.... one time i saw somebody run away.
but still if someone really wants your car bad enough there gonna get it! so do yourself a huge favor and have full coverage insurance if you care about your baby!

Old 09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Str8spaceball
Wow, Montrose is quite busy, so I could see how your car could blend in well with everyone else's. I lived on Copley Rd / 162 before I moved down here to Florida. Montrose isn't a bad area, but it's getting a little worse from what my friends have told me. As a matter of fact, i'm visiting akron for a couple days in mid october :-D i'm excited! I graduated from Copley high in 2003 BTW.

I'm sorry to hear about your car though, I got my car stolen while on a delivery for the Pizza Hut on Copley rd right by I-77. I was behind Buchtel high school OUCH, guy straight up drove off with it, i watched it get driven away, talk about painful LOL.
I graduated from Copley in 05 I'm guessing I probably know you. Does the name Kepes ring a bell? Yeah you would be familiar with the Copley road bad area right past the 77 overpass, that is spilling closer and closer. Kind of sucks because I used to be able to leave my windows open all night with no issue. Now you have to keep a look out for your stuff constantly. When you gonna be in town exactly?

Old 10-01-2008, 10:11 AM
tgs

Last year in April my 95 Civic was stolen and found a week later abandoned.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
HCF Member

toyota camry..#1 stolen car in U.S

Old 10-01-2008, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by HollywoodHalo560
I graduated from Copley in 05 I'm guessing I probably know you. Does the name Kepes ring a bell? Yeah you would be familiar with the Copley road bad area right past the 77 overpass, that is spilling closer and closer. Kind of sucks because I used to be able to leave my windows open all night with no issue. Now you have to keep a look out for your stuff constantly. When you gonna be in town exactly?
I'll be there from October 12th - October 18th. The name doesn't ring a bell, but I just had a small circle of friends there. Yea my buddy who i am visiting live on copley right between magdalyn dr (my old street) and schocalog? i can't spell....

I miss Rizzi's and Swensons

Old 10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by pos92civic
my main defense against theft of my motor vehicle is that it looks sooo bad on the outside (rear bumper being held in w/a screw, front bumper kinda hangin off) that nobody wants to steal it!
That's a great idea. I'm going to trash my car so people won't want it That's way cheaper than buying a good security system.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:21 AM

I'm lucky, there isn't a huge demand for hondas in my city, everyone wants an 85 caprice with d's on dat b!@#$.....But I have 2 massive spot lights 3 pittys and enough ammo to take out a few people just in case...

Old 11-03-2008, 12:21 PM
HCF Member

My Civic was stolen from a college campus on a Wednesday night and a Thursday and found abandoned the next day. I didn't even find out until I went to look for my car at 2am on that Friday. And of course, it started raining when I realized my car was stolen, no joke. LUCKILY I had full coverage and all the stock parts so I was able to drive the car again.

BTW does anyone know what to do about a messed up steering column? Mine is stuck slighly clockwise and it doesn't lock when the car is off and you turn the wheel. The car steers fine, but I want to fix the steering column before I sell the car...

Quick Reply: Stolen Civic Epidemic