General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Strange Wreck - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 12:53 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Strange Wreck - Thoughts?

How much did you lose? And small claims requires no legal cost, as for location, though, I am not sure. You may have to be in the same state to file on another person.

Old 10-14-2006, 12:55 AM
HCF Member

THIS IS MY HYPOTHESIS OF WHAT HAPPENED: Some kids were screwing around in their cars on a backroad and their buddy didnt see them slow down and nailed him, that caused him to spin counter-clockwise and clip a tree along the road causing it to stop. They then tried to lift the car from the backside to get it off the tree causing them to snap off the rear bumper panel. Only causing more damage, they left the car overnight and moved it in daylight and pulled back onto the trail to take pictures for insurance (because they dont enjoy cars in trees)...

MY FINDINGS THAT RAISE QUESTION: It looks like every picture was taken in a different spot. Look at the trail and where the trees are. I think the accident happened by the first picture because those trees are spread out more. The second picture and the first picture show movement of the car because the bumper is attached and dangles over the rear tire and is completely removed... this says to me that there was no room to push the car forward so it had to go backwards, causing the bumper to be run over and removed.

THE BIGGEST THING I DONT GET: In picture 1 there is no glass in the passenger window but exists in the second. . . it is clear that the window is unoperational in both both pictures but only shows up in 2nd one. And in the top 2 pictures the side mirrors look fine, but are mangled in the 3rd...
Damn Moog, U watch too much CSI...

wait, so U bought the Lens or sold it to a kid?

If u sold it, why does it matter?
If u bought it, make the kid give u back the money! not ur fault he got into a wreck

Old 10-14-2006, 01:08 AM

Haha. ok i guess there was too little info - here it all is.

I was selling two lenses on ebay. I mixed up the shipments. "J" got a 10-20 (~$400) when he actually bid on the the 70-300 ($120~). "G" received the 70-300, though he paid for the 10-20. G sent the 70-300 back he got by mistake and I refunded his $400~. No problem.

So now J paid $120~ for a $400~ lens. He wants to send it back to me so he can get the lens he wanted. I guess. He has to leave town on business so he had his friend drive his son's civic to pickup the 10-20 at his apartment while he was out of town. On the way to the UPS/USPS office, his friend gets into a wreck with his son's car and my 10-20 lens is destroyed.

He wants his $120~ back - and I guess I'm not sure what to do so I ask for photos of the wreck and my lens (since his friend disposed of my 10-20 lens).

He's in some midwest state and I'm in the northeast so small claims court is pretty near impossible. It was my shipping mistake and I dont think he's going to pay me another $300 to compensate for the destruction of the 10-20 lens.

pretty messed up story on a late friday night........

Old 10-14-2006, 01:19 AM
mxs
HCF Member

that kid is an idiot. That is not a US model car, look at the rub strips on the bumpers. Based on the palm trees I'm thinking Australia maybe?

Old 10-14-2006, 01:28 AM
HCF Member

bro, he didn't take the responsibility to get u ur lens back.

1: the lens was destroyed-simple as that
2: he doesn't get the money back, because u didn't get the product back (the $120 for a $400 lens)
3: kid really messed up throwing away the lens (which sounds really shady, and the guy is trying to get a free lens)

In no way should u give the money back to this guy...He shouldn't even be asking.

he was irresponsible, and shoud have shipped out before he took off

Old 10-14-2006, 01:35 AM
HCF Member

bro you done got phucked once, dont send his money back if you do you will be getting phucked 2wice... end of story...

Old 10-14-2006, 01:43 AM

This place is great. I feel better about it already. Really...

I will email that ____________ back and keep his money.

Good $h!t here.

Thanks for the support.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:57 AM
HCF Member

yo yo yo, dont be so hasty!!!

calm down wait a day or so...so if comes back w/ threats, u can always threaten that u talked to lawers about it

EDIT: And be respectful and state ur defense when u e-mail him.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:17 AM

take a look at the first pic-- there is basically no quarter panel left. open the second pic and the quarter panel magiacally appears. hmmmm, odd????

Also note in the first pic the two spokes are a little over the left and right. in the second pic the one spoke is d*mn near straight.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:43 AM
HCF Member

Straight up tell the kid that unless he can send you the lens you can't send him his money. Its not your fault that so and so got into the accident, also your the one catching the short end of the stick on this deal already. Sounds like theyre trying to scam you man. And unless whomever owns the vehicle dumped a hella lot of money into a JDM conversion that the guy is BS'ing you man.

Quick Reply: Strange Wreck - Thoughts?