General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Strange Wreck - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 09:54 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Strange Wreck - Thoughts?

take a look at the first pic-- there is basically no quarter panel left. open the second pic and the quarter panel magiacally appears. hmmmm, odd????
Yo, This guy is right!!! I didn't notice this at first...They're tryin to scam U!!!!! That's actually not a bad scam...what a bunch of douche bags

Old 10-14-2006, 10:06 AM

ORIGINAL: SoCaL.rider

take a look at the first pic-- there is basically no quarter panel left. open the second pic and the quarter panel magiacally appears. hmmmm, odd????
Yo, This guy is right!!! I didn't notice this at first...They're tryin to scam U!!!!! That's actually not a bad scam...what a bunch of douche bags

thanks, ill be here all day, lol.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:09 AM

sorry bud, but as others have stated - this is a scam. Without even taking a close look at the pics, you can tell how low the resolution on the pics is. That means that they were originally pretty small and were then stratched. I dont' know of any camera that takes pics in that low of a resolution. The 2nd thing I noticed was what ohiocivic said. In the 1st pic - the right quarter panel is gone and in the 2nd it's relatively unharmed. Also, take a look at the fender in the 1st pic. See the big dent on a part that is close to the door? On the 2nd pic, that dent is not there! If I were you, I would figure out a way to OWN this guy. Why don't you take these pics and circle the things that don't add up (use paint or something). In the same email, politely ask for a refund (I assume you lost $280) and state that failure to do so will result in a legal action. Make sure your email sounds calm and professional. Do not call him names or sound arrogant.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:14 AM

you should also send an e-mail to ebay explaining the situation (include photos). IF you write it correctly, they wil surely close this guy's account and he would be unable to register from the same IP adress.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:50 AM
Recognized HCF Member

keep it at least you got some of the money

Old 10-14-2006, 01:11 PM

ohiocivic - you're friggin' right. The quarter panel pics.... and one of you guys mentioned the window too.

This is so messed up.

Well he's got some personal info of mine, so I definitely don't want to resort to threats. I'll keep his money and I guess this is just a life lesson.

Thanks for all the help and expertise.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:44 PM
HCF Member

If you look at picture 1 you can see that the rear quarter panel is really crushed in but if you look at the same spot in pic 2 it isn't the same. Plus in pic 1 the right fender is all dented in but in pic 2 it isn't. Plus in picture 1 you can see the side of the rear bumper but in pic 2 there isn't one. Picture 1 and 2 just dont match up.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

oh yeah in picture 1 and 3 the right side mirror is missing but in picture 2 its there.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:50 PM
HCF Member

background in picture 2 also seems kinda strange.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:19 PM
HCF Member

you should also send an e-mail to ebay explaining the situation (include photos). IF you write it correctly, they wil surely close this guy's account and he would be unable to register from the same IP adress.
U should definetly do this!! U prolly aint the first person he's done this to...U might save some other peeps *** too

Quick Reply: Strange Wreck - Thoughts?