General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Suggestions for seat replacement in 96 HX

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:44 PM
HCF Member
Default Suggestions for seat replacement in 96 HX

Hey yall

Got a 96 HX w/ 240K on it. I use it for commuting and driving to see my girlfriend on the weekends (3 hour drive one-way) - the latter is really making me want a new seat.

I want something new to replace it - any suggestions? I should add that:

1. I'm not looking for a top-of-the-line seat, maybe just something with a little better support than the stockers.
2. I just want to get a driver's seat now - no point in dumping a lot of money into this car - yet (that's another story).
3. Under $250, +/-$50? For brackets and everything if possible.
4. Already looked on Ebay - wary b/c a lot of these are universal seats, would have to buy bracket elsewhere - don't want to get something that does not fit easily.

Thanks!

Old 12-29-2006, 10:58 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Suggestions for seat replacement in 96 HX

most of the aftermarket stuff you will find is designed for lateral support, not comfort. your best bet will be to find a different style of OEM seats. Some people say the Del Sol seats are the best Honda seats out there, you can get a set for under 300 easily.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:17 PM

I'd say either del sol seats, prelude seats or integra seats.... With my "mugen" (yes they're fake) seats the end cost for the seat pair and the brackets was 370..... just to give you a general cost of the "universals".

Old 12-30-2006, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

Thanks so far...

1. Is it possible to get "new" del sol seats? B/c my major complaint is that my seats now have softened up with time...I don't want to buy some used del sol or prelude seats and have that same problem. Basically, I want something that is stiff...not cushy - for some reason my lower back likes the stiff seats.

2. Black DX, how are the fake mugens? Were they an easy install/easy fit, or did you need to do some cutting/modifications?

Old 12-30-2006, 01:27 PM

Yea my big complaint when it came to used seats was the fact that they were used and most of the time it showed....

My sport seats were a pain to install but it was stupid little stuff: the brackets I got the holes for the seat slider were too narrow and I had to extend them, not a major thing but annoying non the least. The only other issue was adjusting the flat inner mounting tab to line up with the bolt hole..... was a pain but if it was easy it wouldn't be univeral .

Over all I'm happy with my seats, hold me in alot better than my oe's and while they're a bit stiffer/less cushy I still feel greatly comfortable in them and alot more attached to the car (nice for doing hard driving/cornering). BUT!!! I would strongly suggest you ride with somebody who's got seats installed before you get them..... they may be too stiff for your liking or what not.....

Old 01-03-2007, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

I look on ebay alot for seats. Sometimes you can find some decent seats, but agree on the bracket situation. You can always buy the brackets from procivic.com and latch your new seats to them.

I want a set myself, but they are a rather high priced mod. Best suggestion would be to keep an eye peeled for some newer model seats from a wreck or etc, and after checking fitment, investing there.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:22 AM

rsx seats ftw... "sport" styled, and comfy