General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

swap ek coupe with gsr motor UPDATE TODAY

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:26 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: swap ek coupe with gsr motor picss

right the f on. good work on that and I think you should modify your initial post for this thread and try to make it qualify for the HCF projects section.

good luck with the rest and keep the thread updated!

Old 04-30-2007, 08:03 PM

ok^

Old 05-01-2007, 01:33 AM

today i did some wiring i wired the alt to obd1 along with the dizzy and cleaned up the hack up d16 harness and put in the new shift linkage (pain because both the bolts broke) but finished it a got my mounts from honda-tech

Old 05-16-2007, 08:22 PM

ok well sorry i havent updated in a while car took all my free time. ok well were i left off i got the mount it was the wrong one so i oreder another and again wrong one but made it work with the stock integra mount. then i order my drive shafts a day berfore i need them because they would be there in a day so i called and went to get them got there and they said the driver wont be here for a week. so i remembered i got one for it when it had the d16 in it from autozone. went ther told them it broke an needed a replacement got there they told me i could and it was under warranty. so i said when i got it i need a special one because my motor was differnet than a civic so they had a delsol one in stock!!! got back put them on welded my back mount and my lower tranny bracket. put it on the ground and it started it them itdied no spark. so i went to advaned a got a coil, cap and rotor put on it started and ran like poop it seemed like plug were backwards and it was running so rich. well to day i was outside checking sensors and makeing a sweet new grill for my car when i noticed my resistor box for my dsm 450s (from when i had my boosted d16) and was like ohhh so i took the resistor box off and the injectors, rewired my the stock gsr injectors and it ran like a champ i was soooo happy. i will have pics of the finished work tom i aslo sold the d series turbo kit and the gsr shell so i just ordered skunk2 cam gears, timing belt, type R valve cover, obx ramhorn turbo manifold and new bov thats right when u were thinking it was over its not. after i drive it for a few weeks make sure its all ok its getting boost. look for more update wire tuck thursday night woot

Old 05-16-2007, 08:57 PM
HCF Member

That car is gonna be so nice. Keep us all updated on the progress. And as always take lots of pictures.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

looks good, did u wash up the bay before u put the engine in? thats what i woulda done, so i dont gotta go through the hassle after its in.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:41 PM
HCF Member

dude you must be making some good coin for all that work!! props to you thought! i'd love to swap a B18C into my 00 ex instead of havinga d16y8...plus i'd love to boost it but i'm pretty much stuck paying for university which takes a majority of my income every year...ahh well...

Old 05-16-2007, 11:43 PM
HCF Member

seems everyone on the forum .. is struggling wit money. or just dont got it

Old 05-17-2007, 04:32 AM
HCF Member

Nice project man.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:59 AM

yea i cleaned the hell out of the engine bay and i am broke all the time due to my car haha

Quick Reply: swap ek coupe with gsr motor UPDATE TODAY