General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Thinking about buying a 05 civic. looking for your input.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Default Thinking about buying a 05 civic. looking for your input.

Hello all. I am currently driving a 2002 Acura TL-S and planning on moving onto a civic. The main reason for the move is gas prices, but I also really want to get a stick instead of an auto... and a coupe instead of a sedan. I know ill be taking a cut in power, but i think the civic should be more fun to drive.

The car I am currently looking at is a 05 Honda Civic EX Coupe Special Edition (5spd of course). The car has 51,000 miles and the seller is asking 13,500. I looked up the blue book and thats about right for excellent condition. The car also comes with 17" ADR rims and is lowered w/ Eibach springs. Looking for any advise, recommendations, known problems etc with this car in general.. also looking for input on the price. I personally think its a pretty good price, but am looking for your opinions.

Oh and I almost forgot, can anyone tell me what is included with the special edition vs plain ex?

Here are some pics.

Thanks,
-Chris

Old 06-09-2008, 02:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Thinking about buying a 05 civic. looking for your input.

were you looking to modify the car or just save on gas? Oh and no car is in perfect condiion. So you should be able to talk him down lower.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

were you looking to modify the car or just save on gas? Oh and no car is in perfect condiion. So you should be able to talk him down lower.
I am mainly looking to save on gas. I may end up doing some mods... an intake probably being one of the first.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

Its a civic so you will love it every time you fill up lol.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:33 PM

Well I am probably passing on that civic, seller failed to mention the 2 dents, 3-4 scratches, and the crack in the rear bumper. I might go for it if the seller will drop price down to about 12k from 13500... I know the civic and honda/acura is very reliable in general, but im still looking for input in general on any known issues with the 04-05 civic.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

with the 7th gen they have a little less aftermarket support power wise. so if you want big numbers look into an si but if your looking for good gas milage maybe a couple more ponnies this is the car.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

Ouch, yeah im telling you no car out there is in perfect condition. You can find many more just like it. Have you searched craigslist, cars.com, kbb.com, yahoo autos....list goes on.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Ouch, yeah im telling you no car out there is in perfect condition. You can find many more just like it. Have you searched craigslist, cars.com, kbb.com, yahoo autos....list goes on.
I have been all through craigslist and cars.com... guess ill try yahoo now. any other good sites for private sellers?

Old 06-10-2008, 05:18 AM
Administrator

i dont think he is looking for huge numbers is he is looking to save money on gas. i have an 04 ex, and have had no problem with aftermarket resources yet. and i couldnt tell you the difference between the SE and the EX, havent researched that yet.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

i think the only difference was leather seats no? and something else that was small

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a 05 civic. looking for your input.