General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Thinking of buying a Honda Civic need some help if poss

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Default Thinking of buying a Honda Civic need some help if poss

Hi ppl,

Im thinking about buying a civic vtec model and want to know if you guys can recomend a decent model ( im based in the uk) and want 2002 -2006 edition. I would ideally love a model like a type r replica / bodykit as standard. Also any things to look out for when buying a civic secondhand. I have heard that 01-03 have trans problems

I wanted to know ( tech question) if any model can be fitted with indicator lights on wing mirrors and if so roughly how much would this cost to do or is it quite easy?

thanks for your help and thanks for reading

Old 08-28-2007, 06:47 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Thinking of buying a Honda Civic need some help if poss

-bought a '02 Si built inUK last October with 53k miles, replaced power steering rack and catalytic convertor(actually Honda replaced it because I bought the car certified and I recommend this), I love this car- no other problems @ 67k now

Old 08-28-2007, 06:55 AM

when you say honda certified how do I go about getting this?
thanks for your reply btw

Old 08-28-2007, 07:02 AM

well newer hondas are nice but for the money u spend on them u could take an older one and make it sick if u have the time, effort, and skill to do it.

thats just my 2 cents, sorry i dont know to much about the newer honda's except for their engines. oh and btw the older hondas are much easier to work on lol, newer cars are so gay, it takes an hour to get to something after removing all of the stupid plastic **** etc. newer engines are stuffed lol, and i actually think companies are trying to make it so u cant work on ur own car so u have to pay more to get it fixed.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 AM
HCF Member

- basically "certified" means I bought the car used from a Honda dealer and they provided a 'bumper to bumper' warranty for 12k miles, after researching the area for the model I wanted I found 3 vehicles, 2 private sellers and a dealership, the dealer was asking $1k less along with my trade and the warranty made it an easy decision.This, of course is just my circumstance - I don't know how y'all do business in the UK, I only know I wanted a Civic Si, '02-'05.
- and I agree with Spanky about the older cars being easier to work on, although after putting a SRI on my k20 I have lotso space under the hood, its the sensor's and computer chips that make it difficult for me, btw my Si IS NOT GAY! lol - say it out loud and it sounds like you have a lisp

Old 08-28-2007, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Spanky

well newer hondas are nice but for the money u spend on them u could take an older one and make it sick if u have the time, effort, and skill to do it.

thats just my 2 cents, sorry i dont know to much about the newer honda's except for their engines. oh and btw the older hondas are much easier to work on lol, newer cars are so gay, it takes an hour to get to something after removing all of the stupid plastic **** etc. newer engines are stuffed lol, and i actually think companies are trying to make it so u cant work on ur own car so u have to pay more to get it fixed.
well, i could have gone with an older honda and put a crapload of cahs into it, but i figured that buying new would be a better investment. i have the skill, tools, and could find the time to fix up an older civic, but in the end it's still an old car; it's just a fast old car.

and actually, there's a surprising amount of room in the engine compartment of my 07 ex. i was expecting there to be a solid mass of engine compenents in there, much like my mom's 01 accord. also, in my experience with working on new/old engines, i'd say they all take the same amount of time to work on in the long run. older engines take lots of quick jobs, newer ones take a few long jobs.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:07 PM
HCF Member

01-05s suck, the 06-current ones are apparently better... i've got an 03 and i hate it and i can't wait for someone to buy it... i'm going with either a 99 or a 95 once i get rid of this pos. just my opinion.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

civics in that year are harder to make them fast because of the engine they have, and their weight. (exept for the si, thats a good car)

Old 08-28-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: uranium238

ORIGINAL: Spanky

well, i could have gone with an older honda and put a crapload of cahs into it, but i figured that buying new would be a better investment. i have the skill, tools, and could find the time to fix up an older civic, but in the end it's still an old car; it's just a fast old car.

and actually, there's a surprising amount of room in the engine compartment of my 07 ex. i was expecting there to be a solid mass of engine compenents in there, much like my mom's 01 accord. also, in my experience with working on new/old engines, i'd say they all take the same amount of time to work on in the long run. older engines take lots of quick jobs, newer ones take a few long jobs.
not if u have a nice older civic with a new engine swap...if u have a civic with a nice body and ****, when u do the engine swap ull have urself a solid fast civic that is easy to work on and depending on how good of shape it is, you will only have to do the work u want to do on it and maintain it. sure newer ones are nice but imo i really dont like any civics above 2000 although i do like ep3's