General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Time To Get Her On The Road Again...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Default Time To Get Her On The Road Again...

So, after a long time in the garage, because some idiot decided to do some stupid trick and crash into the girlfriend. I have finaly got my car back, they decided it was my girlfriends fault.
So, at least i got her back its been a few months, i dont have any pics what she was like before as it was crashed quite recently after i bought it.
Now its time to get her looking "as close to" normal as possible. This is what the civic looks like now.
Name:  DSC00277.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  100.8 KB
Name:  DSC00278.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  115.0 KB
Name:  DSC00279.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  152.5 KB
Name:  DSC00280.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  100.1 KB
Name:  DSC00281.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  75.9 KB
Name:  DSC00282.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  60.5 KB
Name:  DSC00283.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  70.2 KB

Not looking so good right?

It's going to take some time, mainly due to lack of time and money i can spend on the car, i plan to keep it off the road until completly finished, else the jobs will just never get done.

So i got it back this morning before work, and i got straight to it afterwork.

I was having a quick snoop around, and i spotted this loose connection near the bottom of the bumper closeish to the drivers side headlight. Any one have any idea where this might connect to, in my quick look round i couldnt spot where it was meant to plug in to?!?!
Name:  DSC00284.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  72.6 KB

So off comes the crumpled wing/fender or whatever you would like to call it, along with the indicator & headlight, i dont know if the headlights are meant to be so awkward to take out or its just because the metal round it was so squashed, but it was a bee hatch!!!
Name:  DSC00286.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  105.6 KB
And this is one close up of the crumpled part, theres a few more bits that are squashed that you cannot see, and a few bits that I can't tell how they used to be before the accident?!? hahaha it will come good! i hope?!?
Name:  DSC00287.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  84.6 KB
So some fool has rounded the screws that go along the top of the bumper, so that wasnt coming off just yet, well until i can get hold of a dremel as all of my tools are in England and i now live in the Netherlands, so this is how it finished for today...
Name:  DSC00288.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  97.6 KB
And a pic of the wing which i have not decided what im going to do with it, maybe go round the jackass' house that crashed into my car and pan him in the face with it.
Name:  DSC00289.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  98.0 KB

Hope you enjoyed the read, please post feedback, tips tricks that may help, and maybe a good place to sorce a few parts from.

Paddy

Old 05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Time To Get Her On The Road Again...

Ouch, well at least your gonna fix it and make it look better, have you bought the piece yet? and the headlight doesnt look damaged, it wasnt working?

Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 PM

headlight was ok, just the rightclip on that holds the bolt was snapped of as the piece of metal it bolts to is mangeled beyond recognition, its just the indicator part i need, and a new wing, hopefully i can find some good 2nd hand parts from the scrap yard (in the same colour), so i dont have to get it painted, the bumper is not so necessary, it just looks ugly, but i plan to get everything looking perfect, the colour of the car is not my first choice, but i can live with it, i have kinda got used to it now, i would of prefered black, but i couldn't let such a good deal go. Also one of the driveshafts makes a nice knocking noise, so i need to find a set of them while im at it. the syncro between 2nd and 3rd is on its way out, but i heard changing the transmission oil for (i can remember which type) can solve the problem if im lucky.

Ill post pics as i do stuff to it... and hope it provides a good read for you guys

Old 05-31-2007, 04:47 AM

haha figured out what the wiring plug was behind my bumper its for the fog lights
Well i had a hell of a fight with the bumper last night, took maybe and hour and a half to get it off, all the bolts on the top of the bumper were rounded off and looked like little mini bowls of cereal instead of screws, some elbow grease and a pair of plyers got them siezed little ****ers of in the end. and the bolts from underneath the bumper were all warped out of shapped from hitting the millions of speed bumps we have over here
Off to the scrap yard this weekend and hopefully i can find some decent replacement parts, and that they fit as the metal underneath the wing and bumper was quite bent up.
Also fixed the water jets the piping for it was squashed shut between the metalwork and the tank for the washers.
ill keep you updated, even though there doesnt seem much intrest in the thread.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:20 PM

so, im still waiting for my wing and indicator, bumpers coming next month. Hopefully they will come monday. Then i can go test the gearbox, changed the oil today, didnt bother taking to many pics as there is already a DIY for it, didnt really notice a difference in the stick, though i only got to move it about 10 feet as it is not roadworthy at the moment. Ill have to wait till monday i think now, any way heres a pic of what i used to fill the tranny.(hose pipe, part of a watering car and a paper funnel)
Name:  DSC00301.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  107.4 KB
as theres alot of talk about alarms at the moment, on the left is the best alarm system ive bought so far.

And what the car is looking like at the mo...
Name:  DSC00303.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  102.9 KB

Old 06-15-2007, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

i wish i could park my car underneath my window, then i will know for sure it will be safe and sound at night.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:28 PM

[hr]yeh, the big gate behind also helps

Old 06-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Super Cereal Admin

that sucks about it being in an accident... at least it wasn't totalled or anything. And just a little side-note: you're supposed to take the front bumper off the remove the headlights; it makes it a lot easier.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:04 AM

yeh i know, but 5 bolts along the top of the were siezed and rounded off, so it was easier to just pull it out sideways, thanks for the tip either way

Old 06-16-2007, 05:59 AM
HCF Member

Damn i didnt notice you didnt take off the bumper, that must have been fun. And yeah once those screws are rounded out, its so fun to take them off

Quick Reply: Time To Get Her On The Road Again...