General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Time to move on.....TO ANOTHER CIVIC :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i dont know mych about that, ur right lol, but if he has a rare car, i wouldnnt reccomend him trading it for another car and to keep his rims and a blown up motor... i would just build it up and if they want it, they can pay top dollar for it.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:44 PM
HCF Member

I find it funny how the guy wanted to take the engine out of your current car, and put it in the car you would be receiving. He knew the block was bad, but was willing to fk you over. Sounds like an AWESOME guy.
And since you have a rare car, use it to your advantage. If someone wants to trade, trade UP, not even. Get a much better ride, if possible.
And if you do end up keeping the hatch, I recommend an alarm. If the people REALLY want it, whats to keep them from just taking the damn thing?

Old 10-31-2009, 03:00 PM
HCF Member

glad to see that you worked it out... but just fyi ive heard that an all motor d-series will only be at 160ish hp but for 2grand thats not bad

Old 10-31-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
glad to see that you worked it out... but just fyi ive heard that an all motor d-series will only be at 160ish hp but for 2grand thats not bad
Yea, that's really not bad at all. A stock B16A2 has 158bhp, less torque than the built D, and costs more than 2k, yes?

Old 10-31-2009, 05:51 PM
HCF Member

True. Question is if OP would want more power or not. Now, as I'm not sure of the roads on his island, I can't make full comment of the ability to use more power. I know that some of the islands have more twisty roads than straights. Not much chance to get up on it.
IMO - good torque and lots of curves - great fun =)

Old 10-31-2009, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
for 2 grand you could turbo your d and far surpass those numbers

Old 11-01-2009, 05:05 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
I find it funny how the guy wanted to take the engine out of your current car, and put it in the car you would be receiving. He knew the block was bad, but was willing to fk you over. Sounds like an AWESOME guy.
And since you have a rare car, use it to your advantage. If someone wants to trade, trade UP, not even. Get a much better ride, if possible.
And if you do end up keeping the hatch, I recommend an alarm. If the people REALLY want it, whats to keep them from just taking the damn thing?
No, they said they would give me a running civic...not the same engine that i have in my hatch now. Well good thing is, I do have an alarm, but also my car is always in a spot where I can see it or hear it. I'm not a person who is out and about all over the place. I'm a real homebody. But I called em back and told them the deal is off and if they want to purchase the car as is at 4500 they can bring the cash. They said it ain't worth it so i said well too bad, Why then were you willing to give me a working car for a shell. To hell with those goons. I'm not gonna be taken for a joyride again.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:17 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
True. Question is if OP would want more power or not. Now, as I'm not sure of the roads on his island, I can't make full comment of the ability to use more power. I know that some of the islands have more twisty roads than straights. Not much chance to get up on it.
IMO - good torque and lots of curves - great fun =)
Well we do have alot of curves and what not and alot of potholes too , the most I would get to use full power is on the tracks and our track system isn't setup that well yet where if I win races and break something I would be compensated with prize money. All you get is a trophy. So I just take my car out for show. It will be a daily driver. Like I said in previous posts, later on I may get a BSeries or HSeries and build ground up. Personally I feel the NA are better than turbocharged, at least in Hondas, but that's my opinion. Put it like this, my car once complete would be able to beat the average 4bangers on the island. maybe not the 180sx or silvias or evos, but I'm not looking to compete I'm looking to enjoy my ride. That's all.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

woot! haha, see, you told em a price and they said no... now watch, i bet you hear from them again sometime soon. just stay firm and since they said no to your offer, raise the bar to 5000.... be firm and dont let anyone talk you down. haha

Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 AM
HCF Member

Update....So I found another Hatch 95, everything bonestock....LIKE A VIRGIN !!! Got my mechanic, took it for a spin and my mechanic said it is excellent, get it and swap all your parts from the other car. So it's going for 2500, managed to talk him down to 2300. Should be getting it sometime this week. Can't wait. Only thing, it dont have sunroof ( to bad to sad. Did I mention, the interior looks as though it just came out of the showroom. No smoky scent or nothing. Only thing that needs to change is the pully and bearing from the a/c compressor, the engine mounts and the tie rods. All these I can pull from my hatch.

Last edited by islandtuner; 11-02-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Time to move on.....TO ANOTHER CIVIC :)