General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

tires rubbing/suspension recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Default RE: tires rubbing/suspension recommendations

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well if your rubbing right now..... then i HIGHLY sugest puting the stock wheels back on until you get your new springs if you think those will solve the problem. cause im PREATY SURE even if your tires are warrenteed if you have bad rubbing/slicing marks on the tires they probably wont warrentee them cause thats a fitment/user error and not product failure...
just trying to save ya some cash.... cause NO ONE likes to buy tires! but that is the right size tire they should be running but that size is for stock height... on lowered cars they could always rub. which is why ya find the rubbing spots and tweak them so they dont rubb.

edit... these are my Stec springs with simply bouncing my coupe..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFI-X7UlwnY
more travel helps for the softer ride i like them myself...

and my horible video of me rolling my first fender. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHM-A_aFCoY
but just shows how easy it is! but remember to heat the paint up... i already heated mine up preaty good and i didnt want to video that.LOL
just cross your fingers that your cars never had any fender/bondo work!

i watched your vids and saw the pictures on your fender rolling posts, and the problem i'm having is no where as bad as the problem you were having. I went outside and was actually able to cleanly roll the fenders justa bit, by pulling on them. This may have helped quite a bit just rolling them a little bit.

They only rub on hard turns that involve either hills or speed, and when people ride in the back.

Also when i was outside I checked to see how bouncy my springs are, and when ever i put all my weight on any corner of the car, it goes down and inch and a half and still isn't rubbing. it just rubs when people are in the back while around corners, or in the front when hard cornering. Only rubs while driving... and only a little. But it's still enough rubbing to either make me feel ghetto or squirm a little bit.

I'm getting the H&R OE sport springs and i think these should probably solve my problems.

I'll let you guys know how everything is going after i get the springs and put them on.

HOPEfully, this is all I need to do to fix this.

- thanks for the input and help/info on rolling fenders and such

Old 12-20-2007, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well if your rubbing right now..... then i HIGHLY sugest puting the stock wheels back on until you get your new springs if you think those will solve the problem.

I forgot to mention... I can't put the stock wheels back on, one of them has a flat tire. My dad got me new rims for christmas and he gave me them early because I ran over a nail. The tire store was out of less expensive tires and it would have cost 60 bucks plus 20 more for installation, so he just gave me the rims early.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:32 PM
HCF Member

i can't find the post about rolling fenders can some on post up the link

Old 12-20-2007, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: nebrown1

i can't find the post about rolling fenders can some on post up the link

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_455652/tm.htm

Old 12-21-2007, 02:26 PM

you can roll the fenders or you can check the gap between the inside of the wheel and the strut if there is a big enough gap you could always get you wheels machined (remove some metal from the centre of the wheel where it meets the hub) slightly changing the offset