General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

turbo civic???

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Default turbo civic???

ok im a girl, so i have no clue about these cars but i drive an 03 civic.. and i was just wondering how hard it is to turbo it and how long would it take i am parking it for about 4 to 6 months when winter comes so i was thinking about doing it then but was just wondering how big of a job it was. thanks if you can help me!

Old 07-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: turbo civic???

Well first off, what model civic is it?

Old 07-19-2006, 10:21 PM

First, ask yourself why you want to turbo it.

Then, check out the market and see if maybe you might want to just buy another car--like a Civic Si or a Subaru WRX, rather than hassle with the turbo install and maintanace issues.

Then, make a decision.

I went from a supercharged MINI Cooper S Works package to a 2003 Civic DX. I wanted better mileage and reliability. I got it. But the thrill is gone, except when I balance my check book and look at the time I spend on my car.

So...if you want more of a thrill, look at buying a Civic Si or something else. Otherwise, unless you really want a Civic, or really want to work on your car, get something else.

Been there, done that, have you driven a Miata?

Old 07-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well i turbo kit would take around a week and a half if you take your time to install everything, i would sagest a kit for the 03 civic because you wont have to fabricate anything, it will all bolt right up... try this kit or something similar

http://turbokits.com/01-05_civic_turbo_kits.html

first kit down if you dont have an si, but if you have an si then the last kits are for you

gonna need a fuel return system to...

Old 07-20-2006, 05:15 AM

On a side note, you say you plan on parking the Civic for 4-6 months during winter time.
Make sure that you have somebody drive it around the block for a few minutes (just long enough to get it warmed up) once or twice a week and have them run the A/C, too (defrost would work just fine if you don't want it cold). Cars develop problems if they sit for too long. For one thing, your tires will get damaged for standing still too long with the weight of the car on them. Also, many of the cars parts are designed to have stuff circulating through it that not only makes it do it's car-thing, but clean itself out as well.
It's important that you don't just let your car sit for 6 months. Really important.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:35 AM

the civic is an ex model coupe.. i literally JUST bought it about three to four weeks ago so im really not wanting to sell it any time soon or get rid of it, its my baby its pretty much my dream civic without the turbo i've been doing little work to it here and there but now i just wanna pick up some type of turbo kit to just put in it and make it quick, i can already tell its going to be a pain in my *** but with the prices for insurance with the wrx and mazdaspeed i was just better off doin this work myself and puttin the turbo on it.. thanks for the help

Old 07-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

"Just putting a turbo in it"

It sounds so simple

Old 07-20-2006, 11:09 AM

hahhaa, sounds so simple. i wish it were that easy.. i'll probably pay someone to do it for me
take the easy way out

Old 07-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Recognized HCF Member

when i got done with my turbo install i have some pretty good cust on all of my fingers with a few swelled up bruises but man was it worth every cut

Old 07-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

when i got done with my turbo install i have some pretty good cust on all of my fingers with a few swelled up bruises but man was it worth every cut
I hear you man, I'm definitely battered and bruised. Didnt get more than 5 hours of sleep for 4 consecutive nights. The worst part of the whole ordeal is the "rollercoaster" you feel like you're riding. One minute you think "Damn, things are going really well, I'm gonna have this bitch on the road tonight." 5 minutes later you want to break down and quit cause it seems like you'll never finish. I'm not "done" yet, but just hearing it start up and run for a little bit last night was enough to put an ear-to-ear grin on my face.

Quick Reply: turbo civic???