General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

turbo civic???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 05:18 PM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default RE: turbo civic???

i bet if you put it on yourself you learn a ton more about turbos and how they work instead of when you pay someone....

i cant wait until i get all the parts for my turbo and then i can install!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

when i got done with my turbo install i have some pretty good cust on all of my fingers with a few swelled up bruises but man was it worth every cut
I hear you man, I'm definitely battered and bruised. Didnt get more than 5 hours of sleep for 4 consecutive nights. The worst part of the whole ordeal is the "rollercoaster" you feel like you're riding. One minute you think "Damn, things are going really well, I'm gonna have this bitch on the road tonight." 5 minutes later you want to break down and quit cause it seems like you'll never finish. I'm not "done" yet, but just hearing it start up and run for a little bit last night was enough to put an ear-to-ear grin on my face.
Haha, I know how that is. I thought running all of my vacuum lines would be a piece of cake. Took me 3 freaking hours, I was ready to shoot something. But I'll tell you one thing, it was so worth it after it turned on, took it out of the shop, and let her rip.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I bet! I won't be able to take a good pull until Sunday evening, and I can NOT wait..

Old 07-21-2006, 10:50 AM

i would love to be able to install it myself.. but damm works against me being a girl cuz i dont know ****, i know how to change my oil and thats about it, i mean i know the idea cuz i;ve seen one put on a talon before and it looked pretty simple but i bet once i get all the **** in front of me i'll have a heart attack cuz it will look like so much but i guess if i have six months to do it then it wont be too bad once the snow starts to come my car is not seein the road at all

Old 07-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

when i got done with my turbo install i have some pretty good cust on all of my fingers with a few swelled up bruises but man was it worth every cut
I hear you man, I'm definitely battered and bruised. Didnt get more than 5 hours of sleep for 4 consecutive nights. The worst part of the whole ordeal is the "rollercoaster" you feel like you're riding. One minute you think "Damn, things are going really well, I'm gonna have this bitch on the road tonight." 5 minutes later you want to break down and quit cause it seems like you'll never finish. I'm not "done" yet, but just hearing it start up and run for a little bit last night was enough to put an ear-to-ear grin on my face.
tell me about it i felt the EXSACT same way, i was like damn things arnt going good at all and then other days i was like this thing is gonna be on the streets in no time, so many nights staying up to like 3 in the morning trying to get crap done.... wouldnt take back one thing though lol

Old 07-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

^I couldnt agree more, and I haven't even felt boost yet. Just the sense of accomplishment that comes with having it be roadworthy is enough to keep a smile on my face for now. I'm sure that smile will never leave my face after I get to take some nice hard pulls

IT'S KILLING ME!!!!

Old 07-23-2006, 01:16 PM

okay so i am planning on buying the kit sometime within the next two weeks and i am just gonna do all the work myself just to prove sum CT dudes wrong but i just got a few questions, never in my life have i worked on a car. so will this be terrible for me to try and do myself or should i have someone help me do it all? is it pretty self explanatory or is it a pain to figure out

Old 07-23-2006, 01:42 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

you should read up on turbos first and how to install them. if you want i have some links that will help you out, just pm me. you should have someone else being there that has done a turbo before, if not your going to run into a lot of problems you won't be able to figure out. where are you located at anyway?

Old 07-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

you should read up on turbos first and how to install them. if you want i have some links that will help you out, just pm me. you should have someone else being there that has done a turbo before, if not your going to run into a lot of problems you won't be able to figure out. where are you located at anyway?
+1, Definitely read up on turbos themselves, and go over the DIY's on the install as much as possible. You will definitely want someone there that has at least worked on a car before, preferably someone who has boosted. It's not an easy install, and there will almost certainly be issues. Also, you'll need a wide variety of tools.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:51 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: alyssa4303

i would love to be able to install it myself.. but damm works against me being a girl cuz i dont know ****
That isn't an excuse, you're not allowed to talk like that around here. You think every guy on this forum knows how to install a turbo??

Spend some time doing some research, if you want to do it over the winter, that gives you a few months to figure out exactly what you need, and find someone to give you a hand -- maybe find someone else in your area who's working on their car and offer to help them out, then they can help you with yours later. And it doesn't even have to be a Civic --- I learned a ton by helping out a friend with a motor swap in a freaking Neon, lol.

p.s. welcome to HCF

Quick Reply: turbo civic???