General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

ugliest car to modify!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ugliest car to modify!!!

wow dude a geo metro lol aren't those 3 cylinders??? lol thats crazy i know they are light as fu(k but so are golf carts and you don't see them rollin down the streets
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-03-2007, 03:14 PM

^ lmao. I would have to say any car with a BIG A** body kit and big aftermarket spoilers. IMO body kits and spoilers should be against the law.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

Mini Van's I see this one mini van all the time with 17" crome well's, cheap tinted windows, lowered, and a big as wing...Yes a wing. It's so funny looking.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:15 AM
HCF Member

mazda miatas
rice civics and integras

Old 07-04-2007, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

any car with flarie/wide mouth body kit.
haha, i love working on riced out cars at work.
very ricey outside, fart can, stock engine / interior. classic
and yes, i hate vans with rims too.....

Old 07-04-2007, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

ugliest car to modify?
-any car with a non oem part that they got off ebay for $0.99
-many GM cars
-buicks in general (horrible body style to start off with)
-cadillacs (why would anyone do such a thing to such a beautiful car?)
-any need for speed or fast & furious looking car
-mini vans in general
-any car with stickers of parts they don't have

Old 07-04-2007, 10:43 PM
HCF Member

4cyl Chrysler K-cars. They're slow, they're ugly, they were mass-produced, and they don't even get good mileage.

I also can't stand vehicles that are all show and no go. Slammed 4x4s, jacked-up Caddy limoson IROKs, stock-powered FWD economy cars with747-sized wings, Harleys ridden by someone who would cry to the copsif your GFkicked the crap out of them in a fight, or crotch-rockets that race through traffic but never see the track all just scream "WANNABE!".

Lowered H2s and the like with bodykits and low-pros on 22" spinners would get embarassed offroad by a Samurai running33s SOA on junkyard Jeep YJ axlesand springs. Buy a freakin'300M if you want a 4dr ride to slap spinners on and cruise in real comfort.You can't even towa boat or drive in deep snowwith a 4x4 like that. What's the point? You just made the front drivetrain pretty much useless unless your goal is to waste as much gas as you possibly can while still driving a painfully slow vehicle.

Street-only stock-powered FWD economy cars with humongous wings and bodykits that barely clear the pavement would get spanked at the track by a $1K '80s V8 Camaro. Why create downforce in the back instead of on the driving wheels or the whole car? Why create downforce at all on the street? It's just gas-eating drag, which defeats the whole point of having an economy car in the first place.

A minivan withany kind of serious blingjust looks stupid when somebody pulls up next to it with a stock Range Rover, X5,Hemi Grand Cherokee Limited, or any other vehicle that somebody with class and decent moneywould drive. Why polish a turd? They don't handle great, they don't ride great, they don't get great mileage, and they don't look great unless they're COMPLETELY customized. They're basic transport for hauling the family and the family's stuff. The only possible exception is an AWD Safari/Astro done with the A-Team theme of black and red. That would be more funny than classy or anything elsethough. At least the GM vans could pull a decent-sized boat up a wet ramp. Other minivans are either FWD or way underpowered.

Old VW Beetles and buses are cool if they're done with class instead of flash. I like Baja Beetles that are functional both offroad and on, not total hack jobs of just some fiberglass bodyparts and big tires. I like buses that can actually be used for a surf safari down to Los Cabos without flowers and peace signs painted all over 'em. A mild injected Porsche powertrain would be nice...'Just enough pep forhilly interstates with a trailer in tow. I'd even like to see a decent Baja Thing.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 AM

That's quite a rant Kommando!

Kommando: The only possible exception is an AWD Safari/Astro done with the A-Team theme of black and red.
^+1 gazillion!!! But it would have to be one of those old chevy vans not a new safari/astro, or if ur talking stricktly about modern vans a big'ol basic full-size work van would fit the bill better than an astro...

The only major sport/tune shop in my town (which unfortunately sux) used to have a mid-90's astro that had this really gawdy 80's style blue scallops on white paintjob with 22" chrome blingy wheels. The only cool thing about it was that it supposedly had an LS1 in it, but they never tuned it right and I would see it rolling around sputtering and backfiring its *** off! My old 4runner actually beat it in a stop light drag the only time I got the chance! (I had a friend who worked there for a while and hated it, I saw him driving that van so...)

Old 07-05-2007, 03:38 PM
HCF Member

I would say riced-out teggy's, but even stock teggy's can whoop me so I guess I can't talk. [:@]

Old 07-05-2007, 03:50 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Trey

I would say riced-out teggy's, but even stock teggy's can whoop me so I guess I can't talk. [:@]
hahaha lol