General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Umm, do I look stoopid to you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:38 AM
HCF Member
Default Umm, do I look stoopid to you?

So this kid was getting in his car in the parking lot of my work and I noticed it was a 5th gen coupe, kinda. It had a bondo widebody, it was primered out and had lambo doors. I ran out immediately to talk to this dude.

I was like, "What's up, Man? Looks like you have a lot of work into this thing. You do these doors your self?" He says yes and I notice there isnt' any back seat and the entire car had been Dynomatted. "Dude, what kind of sound are you putting in here?"
"Two JL 10's and two JL amps"
"That's a lot of Dynomat. I thought maybe it was fire retardant lining or something. I have a Civic too."
"Oh yeah, which one?"
"That red 5th gen over there."
"Oh, I dont' know my gens."
"It's a '94."
"Cool, so is this one."
"Yeah, I noticed. Kinda hard to tell though. You get to anything under the hood yet?"
"Yeah. Lemme think. It's the vtec D like yours probably is, Skunk2 cams, Skunk2 IM, Skunk2 cam gear, Skunk2 cranks (huh?), AEM CAI, (blah, blah, blah)..."[sm=dontgetit.gif]
"Sweet, you ever run it at the track?"
"Yeah, it went like 13.30 at 112mph."[sm=bs.gif]
"Damn. Was that with the widebody?"
"No, but it was with the 17's and all of my sound."
"Right on. Well I gotta go. Keep rockin' those Skunk2 cranks."

Why can't people have a normal, truthful conversation?

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 01-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Umm, do I look stoopid to you?

that is weak.. I've bumped into a few people like that. The guy that works where I get my oil changed (I dont have a garage yet..) is always trying to tell me "what I should do with my car." First off, if you don't know the difference between n/a and f/i, let alone what they mean, you have no say in what should or shouldnt go under my hood.

it's very aggravating..[:@]

Old 01-13-2006, 08:26 AM
HCF Member

^ agreed. There was some guy that I talk to everytime I go to get new tires just like that.

Old 01-13-2006, 09:41 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

So this kid was getting in his car in the parking lot of my work and I noticed it was a 5th gen coupe, kinda. It had a bondo widebody, it was primered out and had lambo doors. I ran out immediately to talk to this dude.
LOL, chasing down idiots, that's great. Does this count as a kill?

Old 01-13-2006, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

i met a kid once that claimed to have high compression pistons in his rx7[&:]

Old 01-13-2006, 11:39 AM
HCF Member

thats freaking rediculous high compression pistons in an rx7? thats like an iron block in a civic....... but hey i know a mexican with a civic hatchback that is RWD or so he thinks aka hes a dumbas that dont know crap about cars, he has evan peeled out and pretty much been shown that its a fwd but he doesnt beleive it.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

Rx-7=rotary motor=no pistons.

and...

Sniped!!!!

Old 01-13-2006, 02:28 PM
HCF Member

dam is that his car?? lots of work needed on that..you should of recommeded him to HCF so he can learn real stuff

Old 01-13-2006, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

Nah, I just googled "primered Civic" and thats what I got.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

I got a good one. A classmate of mine is a VW guy, drives a GTI. So he goes to a VW meet and was talking to this guy. He asked him if he had piston return springs. The guy did indeed have a set of high performance pistons return springs. I can't stand ppl who BS about thier cars. I got another story. This kid comes into my auto shop class and needs his brakes changed, he drives a WRX Impreza. The kid claims that his car was running 385 HP. His mods: boost controller, straight pipe exhaust, STi injectors and he was running 18PSI. I knew he was talking BS, i didn't call him out on it but i should have. The funny thing is that this guy comes into a class of Auto Service students (in my class thats level 2 auto shop) and tries to BS about his car. He is pretty much gonna find the guys that know the most about cars in the school, and he still tries to fool us. He brought his car in yesterday, cylinder 4 has low compression. Suspected cause is a blown head gasket due to running ~21 PSI. (21PSI thing is my own theory on why the gasket blew).

Quick Reply: Umm, do I look stoopid to you?