General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Umm, do I look stoopid to you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Default RE: Umm, do I look stoopid to you?

Ill count myself lucky that Ive never actually had to deal with someone bull****ting their way through a conversation about their car, face to face. Ive heard plenty of horror stories about dealing with idiots though. I always love the ones where they say that they drive at some terribly insane level of speed, with I/H/E. You can pull the sheep over the average person's eyes will all the "mumbo-jumob", but you cant fool me too easily.

Old 01-13-2006, 05:45 PM

some douche who worked at a gas station had this beat up old primered hatch and he was telling me he runs 12s and 10s with NOS. and he wanted to race me. it was pretty damn funny.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

I got a good one. A classmate of mine is a VW guy, drives a GTI. So he goes to a VW meet and was talking to this guy. He asked him if he had piston return springs. The guy did indeed have a set of high performance pistons return springs. I can't stand ppl who BS about thier cars. I got another story. This kid comes into my auto shop class and needs his brakes changed, he drives a WRX Impreza. The kid claims that his car was running 385 HP. His mods: boost controller, straight pipe exhaust, STi injectors and he was running 18PSI. I knew he was talking BS, i didn't call him out on it but i should have. The funny thing is that this guy comes into a class of Auto Service students (in my class thats level 2 auto shop) and tries to BS about his car. He is pretty much gonna find the guys that know the most about cars in the school, and he still tries to fool us. He brought his car in yesterday, cylinder 4 has low compression. Suspected cause is a blown head gasket due to running ~21 PSI. (21PSI thing is my own theory on why the gasket blew).
i actually have a piston return spring. its for my paint gun.[&:]

but is the number 4 cylinder the back one on the passenger side?

Old 01-13-2006, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

but hey i know a mexican with a civic hatchback that is RWD or so he thinks aka hes a dumbas that dont know crap about cars, he has evan peeled out and pretty much been shown that its a fwd but he doesnt beleive it.
Wow, WOW! Just ask the nimrod to show you the differential and that should shut him up. Egos are the alcoholism of the psyche, self-destructive.

Old 01-13-2006, 09:41 PM
HCF Member

It is the rear cylinder on the drivers side. So if your facing the car, its the rear cylinder on the right side.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:02 PM
HCF Member

oh damn. usually its the one on the passenger side, you know, the one right next to the turbo. it gets so damn hot that you cant keep it from detonating on that cylinder. worst thing about Subies.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:04 PM
HCF Member

What about the transmissions? I've heard that the manual trans in WRXs are prone to break. The guy who had the blown head gasket (known as 385) has had his trans rebuilt 2 or 3 times.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:34 PM
HCF Member

LMAO!! there is alot of stuff that he sounded retarted on, but i dont understand the entire car bein dynamatted...lol i guess he thinks the tin foil lookin color is pimpin or somethin....obviously

Old 01-14-2006, 12:12 AM
HCF Member

almost any transmission will cave under hard driving, esp on an AWD.