General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

unfortunate stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:03 AM
HCF Member
Default unfortunate stuff...

Many of you may rember me as a reasonably active member from a few months back. I do not have a decent internet connection at my parent's house, where I stay between the school years at OWU. Many of you will also recall that I've had some serious misfortune with my poor little Civic. I'm here to say that they have not ended.

After having my roof stomped in, engine and exhaust hosed, and other little things, my car has finally just about had it. New alternator, driveshafts, CV boots, exhaust manifold, rear struts, and much more... Now the worst has come, I think.

The transmission was leaking at the seal right beside the driver's side driveshaft. I noticed it when I had it up in the air at the shop (I'm still trying to fix the f'ed up pipes the other shop put on). So I had them replace that seal. They supposedly replaced it and said my car was done. When I drove it, it made a grating sound when I turned to the right out of the shop's parking lot. I took it back and said that it was not done. They said that they had done everything they could have. I was skeptical, but left anyway.

My car's transmission went out yesterday morning in the driveway of my best friend's grandfather's house. I had a hangover and ended up having to pay for my car to get towed. The driver asked me where to, and I replied that it needed to go back to that shop. I put a note on the steering wheel that read "To: Jim (the head tech) From: Joe...with love".

For those of you who don't know, I'm already THOUSANDS into this car more than I paid for it between all the things that other people have destroyed on it and that have just randomly gone bad. I have no idea what to do next. I'll see what the shop says tomorrow morning. I know I don't have enough money to replace a tranny. I may have to sell the car... Wish me luck folks, I'll surely need it.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: unfortunate stuff...

wow, that blows, man. Good luck with everything... I hope there's an affordable fix here somewhere.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:47 AM
HCF Member

Crappy deal man. Someone stomped in your roof? Good lord.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:11 PM

get rid of it man that car sounds like bad luck to me.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

id say +1 to selling it, but it would be at your loss. so +1 for trying to fix it. lol

Old 07-29-2007, 04:29 PM
HCF Member

im offically starting a help "that guy" foundation if any onewantes to help please send money to ballinboy1020's paypal account

Old 07-30-2007, 04:36 AM

dude that sucks. is ur car green by any chance. green is the most unlucky color for any car. my uncle bought the car of his dreams (a renult 5 gt turbo) in green and wouldnt even start it till he resprayed it.

id say +1 for cutting ur lossess and selling man.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:16 AM

i was just sell the car and buy another one even if u loose 500 dollar it still better than having thth bad luck car.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:52 PM
HCF Member

Id say sell the thing, its a bad omen, cut and run

Old 07-30-2007, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

i say garage and and swap in a new motor,tranny etc. make ur car fresh

Quick Reply: unfortunate stuff...