General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

unfortunate stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: unfortunate stuff...

Thanks folks, I really appreciate the kind words. The car is a nightmare, but it at least drives now. They forgot to replace the fastener that holds the driveshaft into the transmission. Supposedly, they replaced it at no charge, but I have yet to see what all else is damaged and pathetic. I had to add some fluid to the clutch. Once I did that, the shifting evened out exponentially.

My mom told me that she wants me to get rid of that car. Dad is still on the fence. I'm personally wondering if it's like the "replace every board in a boat" analogy; if I replace every part on that damn car, is it still the same car? I'm guessing that it is... Thanks again, all, and the car looks exactly like my siggy.

ps...anyone wanna buy some rims that don't fit a civic? hahaha

Old 07-31-2007, 03:17 PM

well this is just a crazy idea but u should try to get in an accident thats not ur fault. get like 5gs, and ur car back for parts, buy a car for like 2-3gs and put the rest into it.

thats what sov did and look at him he got away with a nice ek hatch, 5gs, and his coupe back

except he wasnt trying to crash it hah

Old 08-01-2007, 08:55 AM
HCF Member

The funny part about this is that I've been thinking (but not seriously) about doing that to my old Ford Explorer for years. I hated that damn truck. What's even more enraging is that it runs better than my Honda right now. I had the same problems with it. In the shop constantly. Unreliable as my ex-girlfriend. Now my Civic is the same way.

Thank the bejeezus it ran great last night...the civic that is. I might have taken it out back and shot it with my .223 if it hadn't!

Old 08-01-2007, 06:23 PM

dude stop pissing people off. unless some random a-hole just decided to kick in your roof. but tha really sucks about all that crap. i had a 91 240 that i ended up putting about 6 grand into. things just kept falling apart one after the other. first day i bought it some stupid ho pulled out right in front of me and i hit her. she asked me if i wanted free weed to just call her up. that set the curse of the great 240. i sold it a few months ago after sitting in my driveway for 2 years. some cars are like that dude its best to just get rid of them before they cause you more hell. good luck

Old 08-05-2007, 06:11 PM
HCF Member

Oh my holy hell...I'm gonna take the thing out back and unload my entire supply of .223's into it.

I was driving this morning in the rain and the wipers won't stop wiping now. They'll just sort of stall out halfway across the windshield and just sit there until I hit a bump. Then they'll swipe a couple of times and stop back where they were... Plus, that exhaust leak opened up again last night and the passenger side window won't open or close anymore. I gotta get rid of this thing before it gets rid of me at 75mph on the freeway.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

Dang.

I just saw this thread, and I was thinking that they forgot to reinstall the half-shaft completely. One of my pals watched one of the 'mechanics' he works with do the exact same thing to an '01 Impala USAF Security Police cruiser. Totally roached the spider gears in the diff when he took it out for a spin - not smart enough to realize that he caused the grinding noise as it wasn't there when the car came in.

Pretty sad how much damage a $0.85 snap-ring can cause when forgotten.

Sounds like your electical problems are grounding problems. I'd start checking all of your grounds and connections. Don't give up - unless you want to. Having a money-pit can be frustrating.

Good luck with whatever decision you come up with.