General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Used car post.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 AM
HCF Member
Default Used car post.

I was hoping that yoy guys could tell me what to avoid in a car. And maybe this will help others too. First of all I will make a list of common occurences on cars and you guys post whether it is bad or good. Or i will ask questions.
1. Is a 4 spd. trans crap(older civics)?
2. How much better would a 5 spd be?
3. Should i avoid car with rust?
4. Should I avoid cars that have liitle rust above rear wheel wells?
5. Do power options come in handy and nice, or can I live without them?
6. Is no power steering really bad, or not so bad?
7. I want a fast car so should I only look at VTEC and Si engines?
8. Should I avoid certain mileages or as long as the engine runs well are they ok?
Well that is it for now. I will update if I have any more questions. I will probably add cars that I see and ask for your disgresion.
Here is one. 99 hatch dx. 65k mi.5spd manual.
D16y7 engine, custom turbo, 17" wheels.6 disc cd changer. power steering and pwr options.
So what do you guys think? The car looks good and paint is glossy. Stock exept for the turbo and cold air intake. Black paint. $2900
Here is another civic. 92 hatch si. 70k mi on car. 25k on motor. 5 spd manual.VTEC DOHC.
1992 HONDA CIVIC, Motor Swap w/'99 SI, Has JE Pistons, Cams, & Valves, GSR Adj. GAM gears, DC Headers, Short Throw Shifter, 3" Exhaust, Honda Data Computer, Honda Data S200 Race box w/Built-in Rev. Custom Racing Trani, Carbon Front Emd, $3,800,What do ya think?
I can probably talk down to 3500 or lower. Also these have 160 hp and redline at 8k rpm. Plus these mods equals one fast car. It was built for racing on the drag strip, and the guy got tired of this car and bought a new one. This car is in good shape, though the entire back is stripped out. (seats, carpet. etc.) What do ya think?
Hereis another. 88 civic.SOCH. 137k mi. 4spd. manual.3900. hatch. Awesome blue int. Here are the seller comments.
Extreme conversion Honda Civic race seats race steering tacho with shift light custom exhaust body stiffeners custom tail lights ground effects speckled paint Great mpg super cool new tires battery door poppers CD shop manual $3900 OBO. What say you? This car is blue and it looks freakin sweet. here is a picture.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24979/885C04AC569C4E7893F4FD7BA9F859E4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-18-2007, 01:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Used car post.

That civic you have listed sounds really nice, the only thing is i would watch out for what you are buying with any car that the person before you has put aftermarket performance parts on it, I am not saying that everybody would do it but i know that a lot of people even who just put intake or something like that on a car will abuse the hell out of it, thats why when i bought my car I bought it completely stock from an old couple who live in the retirement community around here, unless granny has a need for speed i know it probably hasnt been raced :P

Where do you guys live that cars are so cheap though? when i was looking for mine the cheapest 99-00 civic i could find in decent shape with lowish miles was like $5,800-6000 and i was looking around for about 6 months before I bought the car i have now for $6500 '99 Civic EX, completely stock with 56k miles, even the bluebook value was higher than what i paid for the car.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:12 PM
HCF Member

I listed some cars I would like you guys to look at. Sorry for the persistance but I am really looking for a car, and I want it to be cool. I live in Indiana.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:30 PM
HCF Member

If you are looking for power, haha power, then you probably should look at the second one. The y7s dont do to much, and the last one...i think just looks like crap.