General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Waggle flashers

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Default RE: Waggle flashers

Thanks. Just though I would check- And as long as you are not flashing red/blue to look like a cop, safety is a good thing. And yes I understand about insurance and delivery driving. That is what commercial insurance is for, although it costs more it covers you. BUT if I can make it safer for me and my car is that not better for all?

I was originally thinking that the kits would be generic but as I looked there were specific part numbers for the flasher fuses based on make/model of car. That is why i asked the couple of hundred people here to find out if any enthusiast had done so. If I figure it out it appears that I will be the first and will then be able to answer the question if anyone else has the same idea.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:58 AM

you could just get a flashing yellow light that plugs into your cigarette lighter or runs off 12V from radio shack and stick that in your back window...

Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: cderalow

you could just get a flashing yellow light that plugs into your cigarette lighter or runs off 12V from radio shack and stick that in your back window...
I have seen that done it is what gave me the idea of a different kind of flasher. Even if I could find one that blinked faster I would be happy, anything to make it stand out.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Look for a system for a car with seperate brake and turn signal lights. A lot of (but not all) American cars use the same bulbs for brake and turn and that's going to be different wiring.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan
did you know that you can also add rocket launchers and machine guns on you car, and it's legal as long as you paint "ARMY" on the side of your car.
I LOL'd...

Old 01-03-2008, 01:19 PM

uh....im pretty sure thats still impersonation of a police officer. now, i may be wrong... but i think it goes along the same lines as underglow.

unless youre not putting on any extra lights... but if i were you id ask someone in the law enforement arena if its legal before you install it.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:58 PM
HCF Member

A super easy and cheap way is to put those orange reflector stickers on the back of your car..........but it doesnt look too cool but EVERYONE will see your car at night.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

Just because you are using existing vehicle lighting doesn't mean it's not illigal...in most states it's illigal for a non-emergency vehicle to have any kind of flashing, alternating, or oissosilating sp? lights exept for turn signals. Meaning, your lights can't do what is in that animation legally.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: 99lx

Just because you are using existing vehicle lighting doesn't mean it's not illigal...in most states it's illigal for a non-emergency vehicle to have any kind of flashing, alternating, or oissosilating sp? lights exept for turn signals. Meaning, your lights can't do what is in that animation legally.
thats exactly what i was thinking.

but idk what it says about when the car is idle...like underglow is legal as long as youre not moving.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:44 AM

I will follow through with the locals. But I know that all of the "normal" city pick ups that stop everywhere have oscillating flashers. And they are not emergency vehicles. The gif was just what I could find to demonstrate the idea, a double flash flasher would be a plus also.

Quick Reply: Waggle flashers