General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Wanting 2 put a new Back & Front lip on. What kindd?! :|

Old 07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
HCF Member
Red face Wanting 2 put a new Back & Front lip on. What kindd?! :|

I want to add a lip to the front end of my 97 honda civic. coupe. but cant make up my mind which would look best, if you guys could please post pics and opinions i would appreciate it. i do plan on lowering my car about 2" i am not sure if that matters, dont know much about the exterior of cars, so any help is welcomed! i did see a solid all around one piece with nothing on it the other day on a car,(Front lip) and i think i liked it, just dont know what it was or where to find one. anyways!! Any opinions,pics, suggestions! whateverr

thanks.
-christina.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

goto ebay for a lip, their alot cheaper, just get polyurethane and not fiberglass, otherwise, you will break it quick.. i personally like the spoon lip, its a mix of the type r and mugen. but there are all kinds of crazy lips out there that i never seen before i bought mine haha.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Chubby Chaser

we have posted this in your other thread, i know nike has linked you to some lips.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Old 07-27-2010, 07:27 AM
shawty

Dear OP...

Gah I wish you'd use the search feature of this here forum...

Do not get a rear lip if you do not have side skirts your car will look retarded...

Get either a Type-R or Mugen front lip.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:30 AM
HCF Member

What you mean? She does have sideskirts, and nothing is wrong with a rear lip. Type R is ghey IMO but OP its completely your choice.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:32 AM
shawty

LOL shows how much attention I pay to her car

I just saw one with a front & rear lip and no side skirts one day and thought it looked rather goofy!!

And I like the type r I have one for my car

Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 AM
HCF Member

She has a 97 Civic..... They come with sideskirts..

Old 07-27-2010, 07:37 AM
shawty

Like I said it shows how much attention I pay to her car after the whole bottle of pepto bismol threw up in her interior I kinda gave up.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:49 AM
HCF Member

Mugen lips are ugly in my opinion. I think a lip should look like it came with the car, and no matter how clean the car is, mugen lips always look like a transplant, even when painted.
This is a Mugen:

I Like the Si lip the best, because it looks like it belongs, and is more subtle than the type-R. They are pretty much the same except the type R has a bigger more agressive chin split, and Si are a lot more expensive and harder to find legit ones.

Si:

Type-R:

Like nosafebet said, i think rear lips look out of place and unnecessary on a 6th gen. Def go with Polyurethane, and if it is bent when you get it, leave it out in the sun for a few days and when it heats up it will return to original shape.

Last edited by MaximusFunk; 07-28-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanting 2 put a new Back & Front lip on. What kindd?! :|