General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Wanting to do a Wire Tuck

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 AM
HCF Member
Default Wanting to do a Wire Tuck

WADDAP!!!!

So I wanna wire tuck the SOHC! But I wanna keep the AC. My little bubble is my daily driver and it gets pretty hot here in the Bahamas. So how do I go about hiding the AC Hoses.

Also, I don't need to take the engine out for this, right?

Where would I relocate the fuse box to?

And what's an average time for completing a job as such?

Thanks dudes!!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

Will I also need to pull the dash out too?

Old 02-07-2010, 08:37 PM
HCF Member

Search up hondatech, some of the best guides are on there.

A bit of advice: IMO wire tucks are for show cars. How often will you be looking under your hood? A lot of wire tucks require the removal of a/c and p/s; not only to make it look clean, but imagine how much of a hassle it would be, to hide brake lines, p/s lines and a/c lines... this isn't going to take you a day or two. It might take a week or two.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

please dont guide members to goto honda-tech, just copy their DIY and paste it here, and give the writer credit along with posting a link.. we want to keep people on this site, not make them leave lol

Old 02-07-2010, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

HT is a pit of bashing, knowledge, and write-ups. Mostly bashing.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:11 AM
HCF Member

Yeah well, U guys don't have to worry about me going all over the place. HCF helped me to get my car on the road, so I always check out you guys first before I go all over the place. My P/S is already out, no need for that in there. The A/C is definitely a keeper so , I may probably do just a partial wiretuck if that is possible.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

damn i didn't want to do a wire tuck til i saw this thread and really looked up a good wire tuck on google... thanks alot jerk! lol

Old 02-08-2010, 10:41 AM
HCF Member

most people pull the fusebox and wires back through the firewall and mount it in the cabin of the car.
it doesnt take a genius to wire tuck, it does take alot of time and patience.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by rburch77
most people pull the fusebox and wires back through the firewall and mount it in the cabin of the car.
it doesnt take a genius to wire tuck, it does take alot of time and patience.
something i do not have haha.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by supersize
please dont guide members to goto honda-tech, just copy their DIY and paste it here, and give the writer credit along with posting a link.. we want to keep people on this site, not make them leave lol
Dont listen to supersize, HCF doesnt really have that many DIYs and 95% of them have missing links, pics, etc. Honda-Tech and other civic forums are very handy. Your ignorant to not use other sources other than HCF. Plus all the other forums are much larger which means more information. And just because you go to another forum doesnt mean your leaving HCF, if anything its good for our forum because obviously the user couldnt find the information on here so at the least they are spreading the information, and we shouldnt be responsible for finding DIYs for people and posting them.

Wire tucks are mostly just how creative you can get, there are a lot of good write up on HT and a simple search on google will yield many answers. Mild wire tucks are pretty easy such as hiding injector wires and vacuum hoses. Also people will drill a hole in the side of the fender and then run all the wires on the inside of the fenders and then back in to the cabin of the car or where ever they need to go. I suggest you start out with the easy stuff and see if you think its worth the time. You need to be very organized because if something goes wrong with your car and you need to get access to one of the wires or hoses it will be a pain in the @ss to figure out which wire goes where and which hose is which.

Last edited by croninc; 02-08-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Wanting to do a Wire Tuck